We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any new up dates please............

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
any new up dates please............

yes its the weather again, i have booked to go to niagara on tuesday , looks like thunderstorms, do you think i should cancel and change dates if i can

still showing rain most days, im so disappointed

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: any new up dates please............

There's only been one day in the last few weeks (this past Friday) when it was actually rainy all day in Toronto. Mostly the forecast will call for rain and it will be a warm sunny day briefly interrupted by a shower, certainly that's what happened yesterday with rain for maybe half an hour around 4 pm and sun the rest of the day.

Today the forecast also calls for rain and possibly storms and right now I'm looking out at a clear blue sky and fully intend to go fishing after work.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any new up dates please............

In the summer months in North America it's very common to have a forecast for late afternoon or evening thundershowers. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't, but as stated above, it is rare to have a full day of rain.

One word of advise, though, if we may-- if you let Mother Nature determine the degree to which you enjoy your vacation you're doing yourself a big disservice. When we travel to the UK or Northern Europe we just accept that it may well rain every day and always have work-around plans in place. This is your hard-earned holiday-- set yourself up to enjoy every minute of it.

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any new up dates please............

Leave your dates the way they are. Major tourist destinations do their best to ensure that weather does not significantly impact of the ability of visitors to see and do most things available and leave completely satisfied with the experience. Planning a vacation trying to anticipate rain, snow, heat or cold usually ends up disappointing. I've been to NF with out-of-country visiting friends in January, and it still impresses, even without the Maid of the Mist.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any new up dates please............

It's only Thursday. Why would anyone on TA know better than a meteorologist what the weather will be on Tuesday? For that matter, why is someone from England so put off by the idea of a little rain?

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any new up dates please............

i was hoping to avoid the rain as i have enough of it here, and nice weather will just make for a nicer day, but i feel you are being a little harsh

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any new up dates please............

If it's a one day tour (which I think you mentioned in another post) and they allow you to change your dates, then I'd say go ahead.

It would be much different if you had 2-3 days to deal with the weather and see the attractions in the Falls.

Being in Toronto and finding lots to do is easier than visiting Niagara Falls in the rain.

The rest of the week looks sunny and clear, though that could change too!

theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon0475

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
762 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any new up dates please............

I would stay the course...

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any new up dates please............

You want hot-dry weather, checkout the SW USA. like Las Vegas, almost zero chance of any rain and 100 degree temps.

I'm going to Niagara next Thursday for 3 nights, rain or sun. Yes, it would be a total bummer if it rained all 3 days, I'm betting it will not

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any new up dates please............

Perhaps you can buy yourself one of those big clear balls that people crawl into and then they run inside of it to make it move around...like a hamster. You'd be really dry then....and pardon the pun, I'm sure you'd have a ball!!

Folks, the weather is the weather. Come prepared and ye shall be fine. Sure rain can be a bummer as stillsmokin says, but you make do, as he will on his next trip to Niagara....and I'm sure when he reports back he'll have had a great time.

And Melissa makes an interesting point, doesn't the UK get an awful lot of rain? You think you'd be used to it by now. Have fun and stop obsessing on the weather!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,669 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: any new up dates please............

One of my fellow contributors on the Cape Cod forum has a crystal ball which I'm sure she will let the other forums use. Many get weather questions which are almost impossible to answer and the crystal ball does as good a job as anything else!!!