We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
L C
Toronto, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

Hi there, I was planning a trip to Sandbanks Beach Resort with my two boys, ages 8 and 9 but unfortunately they do not allow pets, so now the search begins to find a family oriented campsite, (that I can rent a trailer at as I suck at putting up tents!) that is pet friendly.

Does anyone here know any names of sites at Sandbanks that their kids had a great time at?

They are not too picky, as long as they get to roast some marshmallows they're happy lol

Lisa

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

Hi, Lisa;

sorry, can't help with a recommendation, but a suggestion would be to also post this on the Ontario forum to broaden your pool of potential respondents.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

Don't really know of any myself, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist. Other than calling around...

You might also consider renting a motel room in Belleville (I would imagine at least one of those hotels would be pet friendly). You'd of course miss out on the campfire thing though.

ktown

L C
Toronto, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

thank you :)

L C
Toronto, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

thank you for your help and recommendations ...I've been researching and there's one that even has a designated area for dogs to swim :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

Hi,

Glad to hear you found something. Perhaps you could share the info for others who may come upon this thread in future searches about the same topic.

Edited: 10 June 2012, 21:43
L C
Toronto, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

yes good idea! it's called Outlet River Campground

However I have been reading reviews and it looks like because it's such a popular spot there is alot of partying/late night noise and not alot of staff to control things as they are all under 18...this is just what I have read so far I do not know this to be fact at all, and there are some really good reviews too, but now I'm thinking maybe we can stay close to sandbanks but not at sandbanks to avoid being right in the middle of things as I want privacy and quiet after 10 or 11 as my kids are up at the crack of dawn and I need my sleep! lol

so the search continues :)

L C
Toronto, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

thank you :)

Edited: 11 June 2012, 14:22
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

Thanks for sharing that. Good luck with the search!

9. Re: Pet Friendly Camping in Sandbanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:42