We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotel near downtown

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Budget hotel near downtown

Hello! I am looking for suggestions on hotels on a budget near downtown, I will stay three nights with my parents and two nights alone, We will rent a car to go to the Niagara falls and to Montreal, is it better not renting the car until getting off Toronto or renting the car and staying off Toronto and for example staying near the airport and driving close to the attractions??

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget hotel near downtown

Hi,

You should tell us what price range you consider to be affordable before we suggest "budget" hotels for you. Also, the dates you will be here may affect the price of the hotel.

It is best while you are in Toronto to NOT have a car. Rent a car to drive to Niagara, then to Montreal, but while in Toronto you will not need one. Do not stay near the airport, stay in downtown Toronto.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget hotel near downtown

I would not stay near the airport...."budget" hotels?? You may want to look in North York or Scarborough if you want "budget"....if willing to spend more, then downtown is the obvious choice.....

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget hotel near downtown

Thank you for the feedback, we plan to visit Toronto by the end of June and budget is around 100usd to 150usd in a safe area easy to walk and get around the city, I have checked thE Holiday Express Downtown, but I am open to suggestions

Thanks Bruceand John and tdsuperstar!!

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
338 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget hotel near downtown

Estrellita,

Have to look at http://www.travelzoo.com, Renaissance (Marriot) 4* next to the CN Tower is advertised at 99$+tax only. It's a really great deal

June 7-8, 10, 13-14, 17-22, 24-28

July 1-6, 15-20, 25-26, 29-31

Aug. 1-2, 5-9, 12-17, 19-23, 25-31

Just use the promo code "tzo" and book, hope this help

Edited: 10 June 2012, 21:40
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget hotel near downtown

Merci nnt68 sounds great!, I will check it out thx!!

6. Re: Budget hotel near downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:17