We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grapevine
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

I will have 4 days and 3 nights in the Toronto area. I am taking my girlfriend to see the Falls for her birthday. We land in Toronto on a Thursday and we intend to meander down to Niagara Falls and spend Friday and Saturday night there. We have no plans for Thursday night. We will have a car. Does anyone have any detours they would suggest? Or even better...a local area off the beaten path they would suggest as a place to spend a night. We enjoy live music and fun locals bars.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

This not "off the beaten path", but one suggestion would be to stay in Hamilton - at the Sheraton - and walk a few blocks to Hess Village. There are lots of small local restaurants, bars, patios and usually live music in some of them.

http://hessvillagehamilton.com/

Grapevine
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

Thank you...we will certainly stop by there on our way down or back...if we don't stay there.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

Why not spend the night in Toronto? It has so much more to offer than Hamilton!! The Distillery District is a spot I think you'd enjoy.....

http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/

On the way to Niagara Falls you can take the scenic route and stop in at some of the local spots between Grimsby and Jordan.

You can find a lot of the info on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/…41827916

Hope that helps with some planning.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

I'd pick Toronto over the Hammer any day!

Canada
Level Contributor
373 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

Dundas and Ancaster are nice.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

Downtown hockeyville is nice, some old time vintage Ontario for sure!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

Okay, let me clarify. I completely agree that there is tons more to do in Toronto but the question was something between Toronto and Niagara, thus the Hess Village suggestion.

8. Re: Off the Beaten Path between Niagara and Toronto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 05:46