We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sport in Toronto in November

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Sport in Toronto in November

Hi All,

My Wife and I are coming over from the UK for a week for a first time visit to Toronto to celebrate my 40th in November staying at the Sheraton Centre and I have already done lots of planning as you would expect!

We are interested in attending a game and I know it will be Ice Hockey and Basketball seasons in November. I have seen the schedule for the Maple Leafs and there is a home game on when we are there but my gut feeling is that single game tickets are going to be hard to come by and expensive. Am I right?

If that is the case, I would probably be keener to see the Raptors as I do prefer basketball (although in fairness I have only seen Minor League hockey), any idea when the schedule is due out?

Cheers

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

Here is the Leafs schedule for next year....you will see "download full schedule" and go from there. And yes, you are correct, tickets will be hard to come by but you may get lucky. I believe they go on sale to the public in September. Good luck.

mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=635447

The Raptors schedule is not out yet but will be soon. In a while try the Raptors website or google Toronto Raptors 2012-2013 schedule and you will have a link there. You will certainly have an easier chance on getting basketball tickets as opposed to hockey tickets. Toronto is basically a Leafs town while all other sports take a backseat.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

Also, if you are interested, on November 25th (provided you are here at that time) the city of Toronto is hosting the 100th Grey Cup. The Grey Cup is the Canadian version of American Football's Superbowl. I'm not sure if there are still any tickets available but this event is certainly a lot of fun, even if you don't understand the game.

For the entire week heading up to the big game there are Grey Cup events going on all across the city with people heading to Toronto from all parts of Canada.

Google "2012 Grey Cup" and see if it tickles your fancy. Cheers.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

It depends who the Leafs are playing if the tickets will be reasonable. If playing Montreal, you have no hope. Check out on their website for onsale date and be there right away and hope to luck out.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated.

I should have mentioned the dates of travel, we arrive on Saturday 10th November and leave very early on the 17th. It looks like the St Louis Blues on Tuesday 13th is the only option for the hockey but very much hoping that the Raptors will be at home during that period so we can fit in a game. As I mentioned my experience of hockey is the Las Vegas Wranglers against Alaska minor league, it was good fun but I'm sure NHL is better!

Thank you for the recommendation for the Grey Cup but we will miss that. In fact it seems we miss quite a bit in November generally (we seem to be too early) but I really wanted to be over there on my birthday which is the 16th.

We need to be on the ball with tickets it seems but not quite yet.

Thanks again.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,092 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

ju123.........................have a great" Milestone" birthday in Toronto, whatever you manage to get tickets for....................

Edited: 11 July 2012, 14:43
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

I don't know anything about hockey, but could you go see an OHL game? Someone else would have to weigh in but it's an idea. The OHL is a "lesser" league that the NHL players sometimes get picked from ...

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

Hi all again,

It looks as though I have the choice of the Raptors vs Philadelphia on Saturday 10th November (arrival day from the UK, could be tired) or on Monday 12th November, Utah Jazz.

Or as mentioned previously St Louise Blues in the NHL on 13th November although I am still doubtful tickets are going to be that easy to get.

Any ideas when Raptors single game tickets will go on sale?

Thanks,

Ju123

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

You should be able to get tickets from scalpers I would imagine for a bit of a premium, but still doable....

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

I just checked the schedule and it looks like tickets are available. There is a window there that says "tickets". If they are not, send them an email. The web is good for this kind of thing. Good luck.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/schedule/

Edited: 03 August 2012, 15:22
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sport in Toronto in November

I can see the option for season seats on the schedule but not single game yet. I will keep an eye out or drop them an email.

Very pleased that we have the Raptors at home that week!

Cheers,

Ju123