We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

England
Level Contributor
202 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

Visiting in just 3 weeks time - cannot wait. As a fanatic Rush fan I do want to take the time to see the Parliament Building but cannot seem to find where the nearest subway stop is. Can anyone assist. Thanks

N Ireland
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

Exiting at College Station will leave you right in front of the Legislature Buildings -it is a beautiful part of downtown, well worth a visit.

England
Level Contributor
202 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

thanks Jonny

Toronto
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

It's not College Station it is Queens Park Station which is on College Street. How is that connected to Rush? FYI, I saw Geddy on Queen Street last week.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

TOtoNY: Its front arches were the cover photo for the album "Moving Pictures" ( amazon.com/gp/…103-4323929-6192600 )

Chelskiboy: Have you looked at any of the travelogues of other Rush fans, e.g. http://members.aol.com/Jaybird926/yyz.htm ? Hope you have a great time!

England
Level Contributor
202 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

Thanks a million guys. I will check the travelogs as suggested.

toronto
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

Its definately Queens Park Station, Queens Park (Ontairo Parliament) is right there when you pop out of the subway, you can't miss it. FYI, "Visitors to Queen's Park who want to tour the Legislative Building can take the free guided tours, available Monday to Friday, between 10am and 4pm, all year, and on weekends from Victoria Day to Labour Day, but the schedule changes daily. Last tour departs 1 hour before closing. Phone (416) 325-7500 for tour schedule and reservations. All visitors must check in at the Main Information Desk in the front lobby."

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

Yes about the Queen's Park subway stop. Rush of course is a thinking person's band so I might make so bold as to suggest that after you've taken the tour of the legislature (well worth a visit) you might want to stroll around the adjacent University of Toronto campus. It is often a location site for films so you might just recognize a building or two.

Have a great visit.

N Ireland
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

Sorry if i misinformed about College station, but that's where I normally get off the subway when i'm doing the 'tourist thing' around that area ;)

I guess that Queen's Park is technically closer (the clue is in the name I suppose!)

**100th post -finally, yay!**

England
Level Contributor
202 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

Thank you one and all.

N Ireland
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the nearest subway to the Parliament Buildings

Lol

I was just thinking about it this morning, College was a stupid thing for me to say *blushes*.......no wonder all the Toronto residents corrected me!