We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indigo Hotel Toronto Airport

New York state
Level Contributor
36 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Indigo Hotel Toronto Airport

Trip Advisor did not post my review of this hotel.

The hotel is located at the end of a runway and the planes can be clearly heard throughout the night. I needed earpyugs to get any sleep.

But, this a warning to users of HOTWIRE. Hotwire offers this hotel as an un-named 3 star location for $50 per night. There is a $10 per night parking charge that is added if you have your car. This is not mentioned on the Hotwire site.

I'm guessing Trip Advisor is in league with Hotwire and does not want this posted. If this is removed, I'll continue to find sites where I can warn people about this rip-off.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,756 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indigo Hotel Toronto Airport

Hi simulation;

When TA staff rejected your review, what was the reason they stated, in the email they sent you ?

Best Regards

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,410 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indigo Hotel Toronto Airport

Hi Simulation,

Your review IS posted (at least it is there at this point in time)

tripadvisor.ca/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

This is one of the reasons that blind bidding on Hotwire and Priceline is not for everyone. Different people have different needs, expectations and tolerances. And unless you know what hotel you are getting, you ca never be sure whether there is a chance they will be met. (Sometimes even if you book a hotel you know, you may end up disappointed) As for free parking at Toronto Hotels - even airport ones, that definitely is not a "given" We learned that when we were booking a conference in the area.

FWIW, I actually have stayed at the Indigo Airport a few times (through Priceline) and was qute happy with what I got for the price. The hotel has been tastefully decorated and appeared clean. The staff seemed nice. There were a few restaurants we could walk to. There was free wi fi and a free shuttle to the airport. And I got it for a good price. Those were the things that were important for me for an airport hotel. I guess I am not as sensitive as you to noise. Yes there are low flying planes overhead. But they did not bother me. And I didn't need parking - so for me it was not an issue.

I am sorry your experience was not what you had hoped for. But neither Hotwire, nor the hotel did anything wrong. lets say, they are what they are.

raquel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Indigo Hotel Toronto Airport

Parking charges are mentioned on the Hotwire site at least twice, one on the obscurely titled "Is parking included in the rate?" page (hotwire.com/helpcenter/hotels/searching-and-…) and one on the provocative "Are there any hidden charges, like taxes and fees, in your rates?" page (hotwire.com/helpcenter/hotels/searching-and-…).

I don't know why you'd assume parking would be included in a no-frills Hotwire rate. As someone who never needs hotel parking, I certainly wouldn't want to pay a higher rate so that parking was included.

TripAdvisor and Hotwire used to both be owned by Expedia, but TripAdvisor was spun off as an independent company.

New York state
Level Contributor
36 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indigo Hotel Toronto Airport

Well, my review of the Indigo Hotel is now posted, several days after it was submitted. I had written several positive hotel reviews in other locations. The positive reviews were all posted within hours.

The Hotel Indigo is what it is. Anyone considering that location has the option to read the reviews and make a judgement. My main concern is with the misleading cost associated with the Hotwire un-named listing. I have had mostly good experiences with the Hotwire un-named hotels in the past. In one case recently, I was warned in the listing that there would be a "resort" fee of $20 per night prior to selecting a hotel in Las Vegas. Fair enough.

It was not fair to leave out the parking fee associated with the Hotel Indigo. It changes the price by 20%. Those who have replied to my post have stated that I should not expect free parking at a no frills Hotwire rate.

I choose between many options. Location. Price. Star rating. The true price was $60 (including parking) not the $50 indicated. If I am selecting at the $60 price, I could have chosen a higher star rating or a more preferred location. The Hotel Indigo is misrepresented by Hotwire. And, once chosen it is too late to get a do over.

This is not a no frills hotel. It is listed by Hotwire as Three Star. I don't consider a hotel that requires earplugs to sleep as three star.

I'm pleased that my review has been posted. At least Hotwire users will be warned. If Hotwire had indicated the parking fee in advance, I would have chosen differently.

Even if Hotwire and Trip Advisor are no longer owned by the same group, Hotwire does reference the Trip Advisor reviews. I'm not sure there is no linkage between the two. I'll check to see if my review is deleted. In that case I'll post my concerns on other travel sites.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indigo Hotel Toronto Airport

I stayed there a couple of years ago, and if you got it for $60 (even with the parking) that was a STEAL of a price. Most hotels in the area are $125 + (from a 2 * on).

If you have the Priority Club Gold level they will cut the price of the parking by 1/2.

I think they did a good job of sound buffering, considering how close to the runway they are. I guess if being that close would bother you it may be better to select another location.

6. Re: Indigo Hotel Toronto Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:15