We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto next week with teens

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto next week with teens

Any advice for fun stuff to do with the Teens-we are staying at the Westin Harbour Front-

We want to go to Casa Loma-but everything else is up in the air-

My kids are theater lovers-any thing good playing besides lord of the rings?

We love small theater.

Scotland
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto next week with teens

Hi there,

My partner and I have visited TO twice in the last few years - both of us are in our early 20's and from Scotland. I would defiantly recommend the tours of the Skydome (Rodgers Centre) and also the Air Canada Centre both of which lasted about an hour each. We felt both were great value for money and gave you a behind the scene look at what goes on. We also visited a couple of museums - the ROM and the Hockey hall of fame and if they are into ice hockey then the HHOF is a must. My sister has also visited TO recently and the visited the Science centre one day when the weather was not that great and they absolutely loved it - we just ran out of time. A day trip to the islands would also be ideal if they enjoy the outdoors as there are plenty of walking to be done and you ill also be able to hire bikes. For evening meals I would recommend Wayne Gretzky's or Le Marche in BCE Place. What about taking in a ball game that's always fun?

If I can help any further please let me know.

S

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
Ontario, Canada
Wayne Gretzky's Toronto
Wayne Gretzky's Toronto
793 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto next week with teens

Here's a good site for your:

http://www.eye.net/listings/

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto next week with teens

Check out Second City Comedy Club on Blue Jay way... My teens loved that "saturday night live" type of comedy skits in person. They have a good website.

Royal Ontario Museum, right off the subway "museum" stop is good. The previous poster gave good tips too. The under ground PATH is fun to explore the first time. "never ending" underground mall LOL

www.ticketking.com for tickets and shows.

www.toronto.com I like this website for Toronto info.

Mentioned in this post
Royal Ontario Museum
Royal Ontario Museum
6,961 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto next week with teens

i like the science centre. lots of stuff to get your hands into. lots of fun. and imax movies too. i love the science centre and i'm aways from being a kid. it is at don mills & eglington, which can take about an hour to get to if you don't have a car. it isn't difficult, just takes a while.

as for theatre. hair is playing at canstage, right downtown. mondays are cheap days. (i was not terribly impressed with hair, but if you like the music, then you might like it) too big of a theatre for the production. "escape from happiness" is at the factory. it got good reviews, but it isn't for a young audience. also check the tarragon theatre & theatre passe murraille. if your kids are young, you might want to check out the lorraine kisma theatre for young people. or ypt.

and go to kensington market. just go. vintage stores, cheese shops, every kind of cuisine, coffe shops.

have fun.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto next week with teens

Thanks so much everyone.

It all sounds so nice-I will give a full report!