We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in downtown Toronto

New City, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in downtown Toronto

Planning to visit HHOF, Blue Jays game, and other Toronto sites - we are staying out by airport but do have our car. Heard mixed things about the ease of public transportation. Also was wondering if there were good/cheap places to park in downtown all day. Or parking coupon? We will be there mid-week. Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

You can park at Kipling station, I think it costs five bucks, then take the ttc downtown at three bucks a person, or if you wanna pay parking downtown there are places that will be in the range of twenty to twenty-five bucks during the week around the HHOF.....I frequently park at the Novotel on the Esplanade.....hope that helps a bit!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

I'm having an issue downtown. Paying 40 dollars per night at the intercontinental on front street downtown. (probably standard pricing here so not complaining about the hotel) No metered parking in any direction as far as I can tell. Noticed a HUGE lot on the corner and the guy apologized and said it would be 55 dollars per night! Rofl. Will talk to the concierge here in the morning to see if there are other options in the area as I'm here for 8 days.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
1,214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

HHOF, blue jays etc all within walking distance, during the week i would probably take transit, I usually park at yorkdale at east end of mall where it is free, as well spadina line takes you right down to union station which is where everything is. Transit is very easy to use and safe whle driving in Toronto during the week can be a chore. But if you are coming from NYC you may be right at home.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

Hi, CFSUN;

First question is do you need a car for all of your stay?

Assuming that you do, we locals have a little secret here that we don't mind sharing- it's a municipally owned parking company called Green P and they have very reasonable rates.

Here's a link to their location search page.

http://parking.greenp.com/find-parking/

Type in Front & Simcoe and several lots will show up. We'd suggest having a look at the underground garage at 40 York (University & Front St. W). If you're out early in the AM it looks like you could get away with as little as $6/ night, but even if you had to pay combined daily & nightly maximums it would still only be $24.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

Thanks. It does look like the 40 York location is closest....still more than a km away from 225 front st according to mapquest. I'm at the convention Centre every day by the airport so I guess a cost of doing business. Vowed never to stay out on Dixon road again.....so boring out there. Thanks

Edited: 09 August 2012, 03:19
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

It's actually 1 block away- not sure where the Mapquest data is coming from.

New City, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

Thanks everyone -- we are here now, by airport...wanted cheaper rates and bigger hotel room/ trade off for not being right in city -- we drove from ny so we do have our car - will try transit system to get into city. where is "yorkdale east?" looks far from hotel, but we'll ask front desk.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

Yorkdale is a shopping mall, maybe the east lot ?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

Yes, Yorkdale's a large mall & the subway station is on the far east side of the property.

www.yorkdale.com/plan-your-visit/directions/

When driving from the hotel on Hwy 401 make sure you are in the collector lanes rather than the express lanes and take the Yorkdale Rd. exit.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking in downtown Toronto

I believe you can not park as long, like 9 pm vs after midnight at most TTC stations...not a problem for many but could be for a few