We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kensington Market

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Kensington Market

I know I saw the answer to this question on this forum before, but now I can't find it. What is the easiest way to get to Kensington Market from the airport using public transportation? I think we would take the 192 Airport Rocket to the Kipling subway station. Then what? We'll be there Saturday, Sept. 8. Thanks in advance.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
762 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kensington Market

From kipling you go to St George station transfer to the University line and go south to Queen's Park station then take the 506 street car west to College and Spadina then proceed to Kensington..

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kensington Market

Actually, you could get off the subway at Spadina, just before St George, and take the Spadina bus (departing from from inside the subway station) down to College Street, then walk west one block to Augusta, and down into the market.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kensington Market

I would also suggest what Bruce_and_John suggested above as it involves less transfers....with one small correction: take the Spadina 510 Streetcar (not bus!) from inside the station to College St.

Edited: 15 August 2012, 02:45
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kensington Market

Bruce_and_John's route is fastest, and indeed you would be boarding a 510 Spadina bus. Spadina streetcars have been replaced with buses until November 18, 2012 due to construction.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kensington Market

my apologies to Bruce_and_John!! thank you mattInTO for the correction...i was not aware of the construction and buses!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kensington Market

No worries, backpackingtheworld, it felt a little odd typing "Spadina bus".

We were just giving a little confirmation of their information on their transportation to Spadina Station:

http://youtu.be/KZnLjRi_g9o

Alas, we well remember both the 77A and the Shuffle Demons!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
762 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kensington Market

Thanks guys, my bad....better route is theirs...

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kensington Market

Awesome, thanks so much for your help! :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kensington Market

B & J, you know the Shuffle Demons returned to play aboard a Spadina bus earlier this summer, right? It's not quite the Spice Girls atop black cabs, but there's video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXy7LszpIDc .

S B
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kensington Market

Definitely get off Spadina - no streetcars right now just buses that don't have the same stops- take the bus. I would get off at St. Andrew (which may be more the Dundas stop with the bus now)and then head west into the market. Have fun. Go to Moonbeam for a coffee - amazing! Try Augusta St. for great South American food. Kensington St. has lots of vintage, used clothing and other interesting items!