We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Toronto

Saint Hyacinthe...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Toronto

We are looking for few good restaurants in down town Toronto.

We will be there in beginning of septembre for 3 days, we are a young couple that like try new food, and have a good dinner. We would like to pay like 20-30$ per person. The only thing that we don't want is asian food because we have some allergy.

We also want some suggestions for good and cheap place for lunch.

We will walk a lot in the down town so any place is a good place!

Thanks in advance!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

A good place to start is: www.nowtoronto.com/restaurants

Otherwise, let us know where you're staying and we can tell you what's close by.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

Pub food-Real Sports Bar and Grill...

The Irish Embassy

The three brothers (les Trois brasseurs)

Duff's Wings

Indian-The 5th Element

Mexican-the Grand Electric

Steak Houses-the Keg Mansion

Quinn's

Breakfast-the Senator

Lady Marmalade (10 mins from d/t)

Sunset Grill

Fran's

Italian-Obika Mozzerella Bar

Cafe Diplomatico

California Sandwiches

Saint Hyacinthe...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

We will be staying near the corner of Younge St and Dundas St, but we will go at the CN Tower, Rogers Center, Casa Loma, and some other place in down town Toronto, so we could also need some place in those area.... Thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

You are very close walking distance to one of my favourite restaurants called Adega. This is an authentic Portuguese Restaurant that serves great seafood dishes at a good price....without alcohol you can get by for $30 per person. Walk north on Yonge Street for10 minutes to Elm Street and go left. The address is 33 Elm Street.

Elm Street has quite a few nice litte restaurants. It kind of reminds me of Bishop Street in Montreal. Right beside Adega is Donatello's Italian restaurant which is also very good and probably more reasonable since pasta dishes usually are less expensive than seafood dishes. Both are a good choice and it's a nice little area to go for dinner.

Go to Kensington Market for a cheap lunch. There are quite a few options there for different ethnic foods for cheap. You will not find any chain restaurants there...only interesting ones with lots of ethnic dishes that you might enjoy exploring. Kensington Market is close to Yonge and Dundas. From Yonge and Dundas walk west on Dundas to Augusta Street and go right and you are there. Again, maybe a 10 minute walk to Kensington Market.

I am sure others here that can recommend 50 other restaurants they like but here are my two picks. Enjoy Toronto and have a fun time.

http://www.adegarestaurante.ca/

http://www.donatellorestaurant.ca/index.html

Edited: 21 August 2012, 02:21
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

I suggest the St. Lawrence Market Tuesday through Saturday and Marche'.

Both are excellent.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

The carousel bakery at The St Lawrence market makes a mean peameal on a bun....add some hot horseradish and mustard.....ahhhh Toronto heaven!

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

When you go to Casa Loma, walk north up Spadina toward St. Clair. Keep walking north into the residential section NORTH of St. Clair, in about 2.5 blocks, you'll find the Spadina Village, which is a fairly well-kept-secret neighbourhood area in Toronto's very high end Forest Hill. In the Village, you'll have several options for a cheap 'n' cheerful lunch or coffee and snacks, whatever.

Little Italy, out by College & Shaw, has an abundance of small cafes, great area for strolling and window shopping, too.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,274 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

There are some excellent, inexpensive restaurants in Baldwin Village.....not far from Kensington, and lots of atmosphere...I see that you don't want Asian food, there is a good Italian resto in Baldwin village............also, a great spot, for a filling and reasonably priced meal is Greektown, on Danforth Ave, easily reachable via TTC...lots of great outdoor patios, and people watching...

Vancouver
Level Contributor
164 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

I just got back from Toronto last week and I really enjoyed these places:

Beerbistro (downtown core) 18 King St E - The mussels and fries cooked in duck fat were amazing!

Sunset Grill (downtown core) 1 Richmond St W - Cheap and great for breakfast. M-F they have a 3 egg, homestyle potatoes and toast special for $3.99. Their eggs Florentine was good too.

St. Lawrence Market. - They have a lot of choices inside the market.

Saint Hyacinthe...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Toronto

@ flyinmom

Yes, we will go to Casa Loma. Do you have some suggestion espicially for lunch in this area???