We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel help

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bdos
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
travel help

hello I am a traveller from barbados looking for a very cheap hotel as I plan to spend most of my time sightseeing or shopping.

do you have any suggestions or links that can assist me

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel help

What is your idea of cheap? Less than $100 / night?

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel help

The Best Western Primrose Downtown and the Delta Chelsea you can get rooms for about 139.00 and they are decent hotels with a central location. If you want to go even cheaper than that try Clarion Hotel & Suites Selby where you can get a room for under 100.00 here is a link should you wany to check that hotel out further http://hotels.ca/index.jsp;jsid=lvTliVv4Eq2_

You can probably get more help and a list of several hotels with their discount prices at Tourism Toronto 416/203-2600 and here is their website address www.torontotourism.com. Probably the cheapest place to stay is the Ryerson Student Residence, you can get more infornation about their prices at the Tourism website I listed above. Hope this helps a little.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel help

Yes either the Ryerson of University of Toronto residences might be the best choices for very inexpensive but safe accomodation. If you are a student (not necessarily of those institutions, just a university student) you can get a particularly advantageous rate.

toronto
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel help

You can also check the numerous hostels in town. You can do a dorm bed for as little as 25$ or a private room that goes for around 65$.

Here are a few different spots:

http://www.canadianalodging.com/

This hostel is located RIGHT in the middle of the entertainment district. If you like restaurants, CN Tower, Skydome, shows and clubs, this is the place to stay. It will be noicy on the weekends though.

http://www.affordacom.com/

This hostel is in Little Italy. Losts of great lounges and restaurants around as well as Uof T and Museums are close

http://www.globalbackpackers.com/

Probebly the most well known hostel in toronto it is located intthe entertainment district as well. Close to Chinatown, Queen west and lots of other great spots. It is more of a youth hostal and has it's own night life!

Hope this helps a little...

d

bdos
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel help

thanks for the help so far.

can anyone suggest any stores or malls in particular worth checking out, or any places worth sightseeing at(museums and the like)

toronto
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel help

Wow Dude, pretty open question. Once again depends on what you are looking for. There is a huge mall on yonge st called the Eaton's Centre. You can also do some great shopping along Queen st west. That is a cool area to check out. Museums...obviously the ROM. You can get there by subway and it will take up a nice afternoon. Other site worth mentioning...well do a bit of reading on this forum. There are lots of great sujestions.

www.toronto.com is a great resorce. If you are a bit more specific, I can help you out

bdos
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travel help

i am interested in places where I might get good deals on t-shirts, jeans sneakers, basically sunny weather apparel because i live on a caribbean island called barbados.

I am also interested in any good nightclubs, music venues. Any tour groups that could show a first timer to canada some of the more interesting areas.

I have heard Canada is extremely beautiful and clean and would like to see some natural beauty i hear so many others talk about.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel help

"Natural beauty" in the middle of a major metropolitan area is a tall order. Maybe the best we could do for you in that regard would be the valley of the Rouge River in the eastern end of the city. Here is a website about it:

http://www.rougepark.com/

toronto
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel help

summertime on toronto island is nice. You can take the ferry over (which is close to union station...the major subway and train station) and rent a bike. Or just pack a lunch and go over. High park in the west end is nice too. They do live free Shakespear plays in the summer.

Cheap shopping in china town!!

How long will you be in town?

You should think about travelling here for a few days during Caribana. It's a bit crazy, but it's good fun.

bdos
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: travel help

well when i said natural beauty , i meant that i didnt mind going out of toronto to see it.

thanks for the tip about chinatown,

hmmmm. you guys have me really looking forward to my trip :)