We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which bus

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which bus

Good Evening People of Tripadvisor, I will be going to niagara falls from toronto in december and i am toying which bus company to use , either greyhound or megabus .could people help me and let me know there preference?

Russ

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which bus

I've never taken either, as I live here and just drive to Niagara, however I know someone who takes the Megabus often, and seems happy with the service............ having said that, Greyhound has been in business for a long time................

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which bus

I'm going with Megabus in November, paid $7 per person each way, total of $28 + some tax for the two of us and converted to sterling is £20ish. £10 each to get Niagara and back is a pretty good deal I think....

Megabus in the UK is extremely comfortable (normally National Express coaches) so I would expect a similar level of comfort in Canada and for that price I don't think they can be beaten. Apparently there are $1 fares available but I couldn't find any at all but I was limited to the week we are going.

I would give you a mini review on my return but as you are aware the prices will only increase the nearer it gets to the date you want to travel.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: which bus

Thank you for your replies. My date of travel is the 27th dec which on megabus website isn't available yet but I'm edging towards megabus .

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which bus

At the end of the day you will probably be on the coach for a maximum two hours (depending on Megabus schedules) so I wouldn't let it become a big deal. Definitely keep looking daily as when that schedule is up on the Megabus website and includes your date you may find those elusive $1 fares and then it becomes a total no brainer.

Out of interest what are you being quoted for Greyhound?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: which bus

I'm being quoted $24 return . In staying over in niagara for the night so come back dec 28th

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which bus

You may want to look at gotransit.com for bus options, they would at least be better than greyhound in terms of comfort.....

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,493 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which bus

I used Greyhound, was maybe £2 more than Megabus, I would think both services would be about the same. Fast & comfortable. I wouldn't spend much time thinking about it to be honest.

8. Re: which bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 10:17