We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto to Buffalo

Scotland
1 post
Save Topic
Toronto to Buffalo

My husband and I will be in Toronto in September / October and are planning a day trip on the Sunday to Buffalo, NY to see the Buffalo Bills. Advice on the easiest way to get from downtown Toronto to the football stadium just outside Buffalo using public transport would be much appreciated thanks.

poodleville TO
Level Contributor
674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto to Buffalo

The drive by car from Toronto to Buffalo is about 90 mins. There is no "public transit" but there are bus lines that you can use. Maybe someone knows exactly which is the best to use for a Bills game.

Toronto
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto to Buffalo

The train or bus is about a 2 hour trip.

The problem with taking the train or bus to Buffalo is that they sometimes get stuck at the border for up to 2 hours so it could take ages to get back to

Toronto. You could take the bus to Niagara Falls and then walk across the border and take a taxi but coming back you would get on the same bus or train that is coming across the border so you would have to wait for it but at least you would be able to see Niagara Falls and not just Buffalo.

I think the best and easiest choice would be to rent a car for the day.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto to Buffalo

Greyhound Canada has several trips a day between Toronto and Buffalo. You'd then need to get to the stadium by some form of local transit.

www.greyhound.ca

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto to Buffalo

I was just looking this up as I'm going to be flying out of Buffalo pretty soon. Check Coach Canada, it's much cheaper than Greyhound. The only problem is it will only get you to the Buffalo Bus Terminal. Check out the Bills' website and see if they have directions to the stadium via transit. It is about a 30 minute drive south-west of the city in Orchard Park, NY.

coachcanada.com/info/…ss.toolkit.mtbfares.asp

Toronto
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto to Buffalo

And don't forget to obtain your US visitor visas before you leave home. You can't get them once you're in Canada.