We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Toronto and Around

london
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in Toronto and Around

My partner and I are going to toronto for 10 days at beginning of August -we will stay 3 days in toronto as we are attending a wedding and then would love suggestions of what to after for the next week. would like to see Niagara and have some chill out time at the beach - love hanging out and good food!! But also sightseeing. We were thinking to hire a car or if not to do all by train. Can anyone help!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Toronto and Around

You may want to consider a side trip to Montreal by train. It is about a 4 hour train ride from Toronto and a really cool city. Very different experience from Toronto.

Toronto
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Toronto and Around

www.ontariotravel.net

great site.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Toronto and Around

jimham06 - we have just got back from Ontarion, and had a really good time. I

If you drive to Niagara Falls, try and stop off at Niagara on the Lake on the way. It's a lovely little town with lots of quaint shops and a good choice of places to eat.

Bayfield, on Lake Huron, has a nice beach but it is a really quiet little town - definitely not one to choose if you are a party animal. Gorgeous place though - we loved it there.

I used the website recommended above by TorontoBorn and found it really helpful.

Hope you enjoy Ontario as much as we did.

Trish

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in Toronto and Around

Well if you really want to see something different try the great Canadian north. A wonderful trip involves taking the Ontario Northland train from Toronto to Cochrane and then the Polar Bear Express to Moosonee on James Bay. Here is a link: http://www.polarbearexpress.ca/