We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cameras for concert at Air Canada Centre

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cameras for concert at Air Canada Centre

It's been years since I've been to the ACC for a concert and I know point and shoots are allowed and professional (detachable lens) cameras are absolutely forbidden.

BUT. with bridge cameras around now, that LOOK like a professional dslr but are actually just bigger point and shoots with fixed lens, I don't know if I'm allowed to bring that in. I personally have a Canon SX40 I was planning on bringing that.

Has anyone ever taken a bridge camera in the ACC before?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,322 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cameras for concert at Air Canada Centre

The information about cameras at ACC is here:

theaircanadacentre.com/about/atozitem.asp…

The ushers and security will be trained for audience behaviours and not camera type distinctions. If your camera looks "professional" more than point and shoot, you might be challenged.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
784 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cameras for concert at Air Canada Centre

Definitely do not try to take a video, they will be on you like a hawk!

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,081 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cameras for concert at Air Canada Centre

Last time I was there (Lady Gaga), I took Panasonic Lumix FZ35, they didn't question it for a second. I just checked out that SX40, and I doubt they will stop you. It's within their guidelines.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cameras for concert at Air Canada Centre

However, since Mufti's link indicates that camera policies can vary for concerts and special events, it'd be worth a phone call to (416) 815-5982 to confirm the particular guidelines that apply to your event.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cameras for concert at Air Canada Centre

I've taken video many times at the ACC, and never been stopped. They're more concerned if your camera is professional than anything else.

They will ask you if the lens is detachable - if it is then they will not allow it in.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cameras for concert at Air Canada Centre

Thanks for all the tips guys! And thank you flyinmom for sharing your experience with a similar camera. Your answer was definitely what I was looking for.

7. Re: Cameras for concert at Air Canada Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 10:17