We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near Air Canada Centre

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
408 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near Air Canada Centre

I am wondering if there are any hotels near the Air Canada center for around 100 dollars. I will be in Toronto next weekend for the who concert.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

Not a lot in downtown area for $100 but if you try some of the bid sites like priceline you should be able to pick up a deal

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

Downtown near a $100??? Good luck!

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

Youth hostel maybe.

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
408 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

I use to always stay at the Bond Place for around $80 then they had some renovations and now the prices are around $260. I will probably try priceline when it gets closer to the day of the concert. Thanks for everyone's input.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

It's not the hotel, it's the date you're travelling on. You're in for a tough search to find anything close to that rate.

One week later, you can get a room at the Bond Place Hotel for $119/night. But for some reason -- perhaps it's because it's the Friday of the American Thanksgiving long weekend -- rates throughout downtown are sky-high on the night of The Who concert, November 23.

Even Hotwire, which is usually a good bet for the $100 range, is crazy. $155 for a 2* Downtown East (scary), $347 for a 4* Downtown West (that's a discount?).

You might have to consider looking further out -- rates by the airport and in the burbs still look reasonable. If you've got a car you can drive to a GO station and park for free. Lakeshore West trains leave Union Station, next to the ACC, hourly until 12:43 am and there's a bus at 1:30 am.

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
408 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

Thanks for the tip on the Go Station

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

Silly me. Another thread made me realize why you're out of luck for cheap hotels that weekend. The 100th Grey Cup (Canadian football) championship game is November 25; downtown will be packed full.

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
408 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

MattInTO - thanks for the update on the Grey Cup. I was wondering why prices seemed so high. Would you happen to know of areas just outside Toronto on the QEW that might have some cheaper rates. Looking for something between Toronto and Hamilton that would be right off the highway. I am just not feeling like driving all the way home after the concert. Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

The three cities along the QEW towards Hamilton are Mississauga, then Oakville, and then Burlington. Be careful when searching for Mississauga hotels -- some of them are down by the QEW, but many of them are up by the airport (which would be out of your way).

Sorry I don't have any personal recommendations, but I don't stay overnight in the suburbs!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,521 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels near Air Canada Centre

Hi Zuma1020;

I would suggest either of these hotels, at Erin Mills Pkwy & the QEW, in Mississauga.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154996-d629196-…

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154996-d181990-…

Best Regards