We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
379 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

Hi All,

We are travelling to Toronto in a few weeks to renew our US visas. We are travelling with our kids so 4 of us. The US consulate makes us choose two locations to collect our passports. Neither are in the Toronto vicinity. Therefore we will have to travel to Brampton? Just wondering what a cab would cost or simply catching public transport. I can see on Google maps it’s a 2 bus trip. I am just wondering as with two kids it could be challenging.

Any advice would be great!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

Have you looked at Go Transit? gotransit.com

That is our commuter train service, so it's more comfortable than the TTC, but typically less frequent. Depending on time of day, you can get a train or a bus directly from Union station (downtown) to the Brampton Go station. Then, you could take a taxi from there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

gotransit is the best option during the day.....where in Brampton do you have go? Depending where, you may want to cab it from the go stop in Brampton...Have you considered hiring a car for the day??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
379 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

The address is 200 Westcreek Blvd. I will look up on a train. We did think of a car however it would only be to drive out there and back. We are in a hotel in the city so thought it would be harder. I think living in Manhattan you avoid driving so much LOL.

Thank you for the suggestion of a train I think that is a better option.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

If you drive off hours in Toronto and area, it's managable, rush hour can be tough for sure.....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

I just did a quick google search of the address you gave and it says it is a "DHL store", are you sure you have to go here??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

Sadly, you probably can't make use of the GO train because it's rush hours only in the wrong directions. (Except for the Lakeshore line which runs all day, GO train schedules are designed for folks commuting into the city.) First Brampton-bound train of the day leaves Union Station at 3:30 pm.

But GO Transit has all-day bus service to fill the gaps in the train schedules. They're highway buses with very limited stops, so they're pretty comfortable and reasonably fast.

Do all four of you have to go to Brampton to pick up the passports, or can one person claim all four? It's going to be hard to make a trip to a courier depot in Brampton in December fun for the kids, so it'd be tempting to split up for the day and have the commuter bring a good book.

A taxi all the way from downtown would cost about $70 + tip each way, so renting a car for the day would be cheaper.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

I'd take the GO bus to the nearest stop and then take a cab from there since there are 4 of you.

ktown

8. Re: Suggestions on how to get from Downtown Toronto to Brampton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 07:17