We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Market is worth a walk!

NY
Level Contributor
174 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Market is worth a walk!

spent the weekend in toronto with my family (me, husband and 2 teenage daughters). we wandered through the christmas market in the distillery buildings. it was adorable! lots of fun, great shops, tons of great food and drinks. (i'd love a plate of those apple fritters right now). lots of entertainment. it was VERY crowded, but that doesn't bother me. if you are in town while this is going on, i highly recommend a walk around. we were staying at a hotel near the rogers center and walked there (about a 25 min walk) but there were plenty of cabs near the entrance and took a cab ride back as it was so cold.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Market is worth a walk!

Thanks amyj for the mini trip report...........how was the 45 ft. Christmas tree?..........

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Market is worth a walk!

Good to hear...today was much warmer, though wetter!

NY
Level Contributor
174 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Market is worth a walk!

tree was beautiful! the whole scene was lovely. still want the apple fritters.....:)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Market is worth a walk!

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and thanks for telling us about it. Walked through there today and I'd also note that there are options for those who aren't interested in shopping: drinks for the adults and rides for the kids. (I guess The Distillery District Christmas Market, Beer Gardens, and Amusement Park was too wordy for the official name.)

Definitely busy -- even saw a bit of a shouting match across the street over a parking space. (Ah, the holiday spirit!) As you mention, easy on foot or by cab; the King streetcar isn't far away either.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Market is worth a walk!

It's the perfect time of year to grab a Mayan hot chocolate at Soma! Be sure to get the one with steamed milk.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Market is worth a walk!

amyj1020

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I hope you will get a chance to come back to Toronto .

7. Re: Christmas Market is worth a walk!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:16