We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop on bus deal

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Hop on bus deal

Just noticed there is a groupon for the double decker bus. 50% off

2 people are $39

…groupon.com/deals/city-sightseeing-toronto…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,402 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop on bus deal

adanac...........that's a great deal............hopefully some visitors can take advantage of it......I know I've certainly paid a lot more for a HOHO ticket.....my family and I have taken HOHO buses in many cities...........while I don't really use them as a method of travel within a city

(we don't really hop off), they provide a good overview of the city itself, and the live commentary, which you will find with most buslines, is usually factual and entertaining............and as the weather turns chillier, it's comfortable to see many sights from a warm interior........

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop on bus deal

I have been looking at this for a few days, we only have two days and was thinking this maybe good to see the city, I know lots of other places are not impressed with them but what do the toronto people think?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
472 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hop on bus deal

I think it's a great deal. I've never done the tour in Toronto, but I've thought about it. I see lots of people riding the buses downtown.

I have noticed some people having a difficult time finding the stops, and seen groups of people complaining about the delay between buses, but I think that's pretty typical of any of these tours.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hop on bus deal

The tours must be pretty successful, as I see them frequently near capacity and for the most part the people seem happy....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hop on bus deal

I'm not a huge fan of them. I'll grudgingly admit they're probably a good introduction to the city's best-known sights, but as a mode of transport they come up short: the buses aren't very frequent and they run in only one direction on a big loop.

If you don't need/want the commentary, the TTC (local public transit) is a much easier and faster way to get around downtown. For $10.50 you can get a Day Pass, which allows unlimited rides within the city of Toronto; on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, a single Day Pass (same price) can be shared by a "family" of six, maximum two adults, which is an absurdly good deal. Personally I think navigating on your own is the better way to get to know a city; you never know what you'll find on your way between two "attractions".

6. Re: Hop on bus deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 18:17