We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Destination Suggestions

toronto
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vacation Destination Suggestions

Hello all,

My parents (65 and 55 years old) are looking to travel on a 10 day vacation in early-mid February somewhere in the Caribbean. They are looking for somewhere safe where they can relax and eat well that is not to noisy/busy. They are looking for an all inclusive trip but somewhere they have not yet been (they've already traveled to Cuba, Dominican and Aruba) and they are looking for a new destination this time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,134 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Destination Suggestions

Hi andrea ~

There is a Beyond Destination forum that would be great for your question. It's the Holiday Travel Forum and you might also post there. Here is the link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12334-Holiday_…

You might be interested to have a look at the variety of forums on TA. Click op the blue print word "Forums" just above your avatar.

Mentioned in this post
The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls
The Holiday Inn Niagara...
783 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,247 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Destination Suggestions

Hi andrea..........post # 1 is correct in advising you to repost your question on another forum.........once again in the Beyond Destinations area and I actually suggest the Beach Vacations Forum which you will find by following the instructions in post 1...............

The Toronto forum is intended for questions pertaining to travel to Toronto, and not from Toronto........ :)

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
784 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Destination Suggestions

Fair enough posts 1 and 2....

But here is a couple of suggestions anyways:

St. Maarten is always a very popular destination.

Same with Jamaica....

Mexico is mixed, either love it or people will never go back....

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation Destination Suggestions

Not sure why they'd limit themselves to AI only?

Relaxing, not too noisy or busy.......There are lots of resorts that fit the bill.

Barbados is our favourite spot and has too many great restaurants to bother with an all inclusive. Last stayed at The Tamarind and would definitely go back.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1906053-d14…

Turks & Caicos has lots to choose from and beautiful beaches too.....

Not so keen on Jamaica and St. Maarten (have not been back since being robbed) because of the safety factor, and definitely would not return to Mexico. We like to feel safe renting a vehicle and touring where we visit.

Mentioned in this post
Burke, Virginia
Level Contributor
128 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation Destination Suggestions

I agree with Tobie. I would never go back to Jamaica as we were robbed there.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,247 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation Destination Suggestions

F.Y.I. all.......................the OP already reposted her question on the other forum, as suggested , 2 days ago..........

Edited: 16 January 2013, 22:20
7. Re: Vacation Destination Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 06:19