We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Monette
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

We are driving to Toronto from the US next month. We want to stay in the best location to take in the city without having to move the car once parked. Best location? Parking? would like to spend between $125 and $200 if possible. Have looked at several. Noticed that the Bond Place says has own parking garage across street. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated! Husband/wife, mid 50's. No children with us on this trip.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,693 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

Most downtown hotels have their own parking facilities ... but charges can vary, with the average probably being about $25 per night. Anywhere in the core - bounded by Bloor Street to the north, Front Street to the south, Bathurst to the west, and Jarvis Street to the east - will put you in walking distance of most attractions, and easy access to public transit, which is the best way to get around the city.

One favorite is Cambridge Suites - they have a decent parking charge of $18 per night, rooms are suites, and it's in close proximity to evrything downtown.

Note that July is peak season, so you should be looking at the top end of your budget.

Monette
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

Thank you SOO much! This helps tremendously!

Toronto
Level Contributor
390 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

I've never stayed at the Bond Place but pass by it frequently. Its located near some homeless shelters and there's always lots of street people in the vicinity of it. This may or may not be an issue for you.

You may want to consider the Holiday Inn Yorkville which has a great location, close to the subway and within walking distance of great restaurants and shopping.

If you want to spend closer to $200 a night try the Park Hyatt, great location.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,693 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

Park Hyatt is way over your budget - you're looking at average $300 a night.

Holiday Inn is more in line with your budget, and does have a parking package.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

2nd vote for Cambridge Suites; excellent location, steps to the subway stop, close to all kinds of shopping, attractions, etc.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
732 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

The Clarion Hotel and Suites should be in the $200 range. I know people who have stayed there in the past, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is on Sherbourne Street, just south of Bloor, so it is very conveniently located...close to everything. Sorry, I don't know about parking.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

My top choices from what I see as currently sub-200 in my search for next month (prices might vary depending on when your stay is):

- Pantages Hotel at 200 Victoria Street

- Radisson Admiral at 249 Queens Quay West

- Holiday Inn at 30 Carlton Street

- Courtyard by Marriott at 475 Yonge Street

- Holiday Inn Express at 111 Lombard Street

Those are all really conveniently located hotels I'd recommend for my own friends. I'd probably avoid anything east of Jarvis that's also north of Queen since they're not the nicest parts of Toronto to see on a visit... There are some great business hotels that also clear out inventory on Hotwire, so if you see anything 4*+ in DT East/West you should probably be fine.

Monette
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

Again, Thanks to all of you for your help. I am going to look into all of your suggestions and see which one fits us. This would be a daunting task if it weren't for your input!

Monette
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

The Clarion was my first pick weeks ago but there were a couple of reviews that said they weren'y comfortable being out there at night and that it is far away from everything.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
452 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! Want to stay in center of it all!

The Clarion is not in a very good area. I wouldn't recommend it. David P has some good suggestions.