We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from ACC

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
724 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from ACC

Hi,

How hard is it to hail a taxi after a concert at the Air Canada Centre? If I have to walk a couple of blocks, which way should I go? I don't want to take the subway.

Thanks

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from ACC

After a concert, EVEYRTHING down there is insane. Suggest you consider walking up the street a bit toward Front Street and get yourself to one of the hotels, such as the Royal York, or the Intercontinental, or Union Station, and pick up a cab from there. It's about a 7 minute walk.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
737 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from ACC

It is even worse if there is also a baseball or football game crowd leaving the Rogers Centre at the same time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from ACC

Front Street is a mess right now -- half closed in front of Union Station, and fully closed at York Street. Taxis parked in front of the Royal York have to do a U-turn in a weird cul-de-sac of concrete barriers.

Personally, I'd walk down Bay Street to the Harbour Castle Westin -- usually some cabs there -- or over to Yonge Street and head north.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from ACC

Where you may walk may depend on your destination, what part of the city are you heading to?

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
737 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from ACC

matt...yes Front Street West is a total mess. My office is at Front and York...above the Casey's restaurant. Now that I work from home, I only need to go into the office once a month (today). It was total chaos just getting out of the parking lot onto Front Street.

6. Re: Taxi from ACC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 05:16