We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cn Tower

Mishawaka
Level Contributor
63 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Cn Tower

I will be driving from Montreal to Niagra Falls on 5/31/2013(Friday). I have a couple of hours and would like to visit the CN Tower(might do the Edgewalk!)

Is there any free or cheap parking within walking distance of the CN Tower? I don't mind doing a 20-minute walk. I will also be spending one night in Niagra Falls(Ontario), and could possibly visit the CN Tower on Saturday June 1st if Friday does not work out.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
21,448 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cn Tower

Cheap/free parking and downtown Toronto do not go together. best bets are the City of Toronto Green P lots. There may be some street parking in the area, but it will be metered. And on a Friday, you will be ticketed and towed if you are parked in a rush hour route. Read the signs carefully.

http://parking.greenp.com/find-parking/

Edited: 23 May 2013, 16:35
Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cn Tower

You're not going to find "cheap" parking anywhere near the CN Tower; that's prime attraction area with CN, Rogers Centre, the ACC, waterfront, Steamwhistle...the list goes on.

Best you might consider doing is parking further uptown (i.e. a Green P lot up near the Yonge Street Subway line) and hop the subway to Union station, taking the walk over to the tower.

FYI, as you can only imagine, Saturday is THE busiest day for the tower. If you really want to do that, then get there earliest in the day that you can. Anytime after about 11:30, the lines get VERY long, and it can extend your time there by as much as 2 hours.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cn Tower

If you go on Friday, park at the Harbourfront lot on Queens Quay West just west of Rees Street, marked as P3 on harbourfrontcentre.com/whoweare/…parking.cfm . It'll cost you up to $12 but is a block from the CN Tower. That seems like so much less hassle than trying to find a cheaper spot further away and taking transit between the two.

Note that Queens Quay is currently one-way, westbound only. It can get very busy on summer weekends so I wouldn't necessarily recommend that lot on the Saturday.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 02:48
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
711 posts
828 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cn Tower

As already posted, try to park in a Green P lot. Don't think you can save money by parking at a parking meter on the street. Most of these, if not all, have a 3 hour limit during the day, and can cost anywhere from $1.50 to $3.50 per hour (depending on location).

5. Re: Cn Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 05:16