We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

Hi everyone,

I have posted a topic before asking for suggestions regarding my 5 days stay in Toronto. Me and my family decided to extend our stay for 8 days. It seems like 5 days is just not enough. My Mom wanted to take the comforttour.ca/holiday/… which is for 3 days. Now our itinerary have changed.

I have a few questions, mostly about how we're going to go about our transportation:

1.) How do we get from Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale? We'll go directly to North York from the Airport, since the pick up from the Comfort Tour bus is in Dufferin and Wilson “Costco Plaza” (693 Wilson Ave, North York, ON M3K 1E3). So that we'd be close to the pick up area for the 3 day tour.

Is there a bus that could pick us up directly from the airport and drop us off near our hotel? Or taking a taxi would be our best bet? My Mom's a little over 60 years old and I think the less walk she does would be better. Please let me know as well how much the transfer could possibly cost... I'd like to ask if there's 3 of us traveling with 3 luggages (1 luggage each), would we fit in a sedan in case we take a taxi? Is it true that if you have luggages, the taxi would ask for an extra charge? How long will the ride take?

I've read from searching the forum that a taxi from pearson to fairview mall could cost around $46, but fairview seems a little farther from our hotel. And also it was posted about 3 years ago, so I wouldn't know if the rates have changed already.

I would like to ask as well if there are any close by restaurant, grocery or 7-11 in Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale. For us to get food and water.

2.) If we're coming from our hotel in Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale to the pick up point Dufferin and Wilson “Costco Plaza” (693 Wilson Ave, North York, ON M3K 1E3), how much would a taxi cost and how long will the ride take?

3.) After our 3 day tour from Comfort Tour, they're supposed to drop us off at the same spot (Dufferin and Wilson) at around 8-9:30pm. Do you think we can immediately get a taxi from here to Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown centre? Or would it be better if we just spend the night in the same hotel (Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale) and just move to downtown in the morning? Also, how much would the taxi cost and how long will the transfer take?

4.) From our downtown hotel (Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown centre), how much would a taxi cost back to pearson airport? How long will the ride take?... Are there any possible cheaper rides like buses that could pick us up directly from our hotel and straight to the airport?

Sorry if I have too much questions. I just thought I'd ask everything in one post. Thanks in advance.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
477 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

Yorkdale Holiday Inn is right next to Yordake Mall and the subway station. But it is still a long walk. It is still far from Dufferin and Wilson. It would be better to take a taxi, especially if its your whole family. There are taxi vans available if your family is a large size.

Fairview Mall is farther in Scarborough, but more things around the area for walking (no tourist attractions though). I think this area is nicer than Yorkdale area.

Here's a link to an airport taxi, and you can input your destination to get an idea of how much the fare would be - www.aerofleet.ca

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
477 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

I just googled the walking time from the hotel and Wilson/Duffer in - shows 8 minutes.

Shows 15 minutes to walk to Yorkdale subway station.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

To answer question #4, it can take about thirty minutes to get downtown to the airport, but a lot of that will depend on what time of day and what day you are heading to the airport, that time could easily double if it is a weekday rush hour...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

To answer #4, you can take a combination subway/bus to the airport from downtown. Cost is $3 per person. It takes a bit of time though but a LOT cheaper than an airport limo. Take the subway west to Kipling Station, then transfer to the bus going to the airport. See: www.ttc.ca/Riding_the_TTC/Airport_service.jsp

When you say you're staying at the Holiday Inn downtown -- Is that the one on King Street? If it is, there's a streetcar stop really close by.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

To partly answer your question #1, there is no grocery store that I know of at Yorkdale Mall, but the good news is it has a lot of affordable food outlets -- fast food as well as a food court where you can purchase ready to eat foods. You can eat there or bring it back to your hotel.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,197 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

RaringtoGo8;

Holiday Inn on King is now a Hyatt. Holiday Inn downtown is the former Days Inn on Carlton St just east of Yonge.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

Even better. The College subway stop is just steps from the Carlton and Yonge intersection. Much easier access to jump onto the subway

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

There is a direct coach bus that takes you from the Airport to Yorkdale Station, but that still leaves you with about a 10 minute walk with luggage to your hotel. The intersections near yorkdale are fairly large (way bigger than an NYC block). Taxi fares to and from the airport are fixed. They are about $5 more for airport Limo. From the airport to your hotel should be about $43. Don't take a cab to Fairview Mall, it's too far from where you will be staying. I have never been charged an extra fee for luggage in a cab, whether I had 1 bag or more. There are lots of restaurant options in Yorkdale Mall. Grocery options are further away.

The hotels you've chosen require some walking to and from to use public transit.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
477 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

I would spend the extra money and take taxi. From downtown to airport by subway and bus will take TOO long. Plus your mother is elderly, plus three large suitcases to lug around, plus the stairs to deal with when entering and leaving the subway station and then lugging them onto the bus... And if the bus is crowded....

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pearson Airport to Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

Thanks everyone for all the useful info you posted. I'm also trying to use google map to estimate the time to transfer toplaces but I just want to be sure cos I wouldn't want us to be late for our tour pickup and flight. :)

Btw, are taxis aailable 24/7? Like if we leave our hotel at 6:00 am to go to the pick ip point in Dufferin& Wilson, are taxis passing by hotels? Can we just hail a taxi or are we supposed to call for a taxi and have them schedule a pickup time for us? And with regards to my question #3, after the tour, they will drop us off at the same place in Dufferin & Wilson around 9:30pm, are taxis available in that area at that time as well?

And btw, yes, the Holiday Inn downtown we'll be staying is the one from Carlton St.

Thanks a lot for your help.