We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

I've had quite a bit of help already from this forum but I am still working on ideas for our 24 hrs in Toronto.

We'll be driving from Collingwood to the Novotel on Sunday 8th September and hope to arrive early afternoon.We hope to visit the CN tower after parking,checking in etc.

What is our best route on foot please? Will we be able to use the skywalk or will construction work still disallow this?

We are not intending to purchase tickets on line in advance as if visibility is poor I don't much see the point of going up the tower.Given that it is Sunday what are our possibilities instead.I understand thatSt. Lawrence market shops are closed this day.Is there somewhere else with interesting shops open on Sunday.

I know the Rogers Centre is adjacent but not convinced about touring as we are not interested in baseball.

We enjoy scenic,cultural and historic things but I suppose there aren't many historic buildings in the city.What about Inuit or First Nation art? That might appeal.

All suggestions welcome.

Val

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,343 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

Hi Val;

From your hotel, walk north to Front Street. Turn left. The CN Tower is located at the corner of Front Street & Blue Jays Way, about 1 mile / 1.6 km away.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

...just a quick correction to RescueTeam's instructions :-)

The CN Tower is located at the corner of Front St W & John Street.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

Should building work have finished by early September?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

Don't believe building work will be finished that soon. There is pedestrian re-routing along Front Street in front of Union Station, but if you'd rather avoid that you can walk a block north of Front St upon leaving your hotel up to King Street, go left and walk through the heart of the financial district, then turn left again at John Street & down to the tower.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

Why would you think there aren't any historical buildings in the city? Maybe you should do some research.

http://heritagetoronto.org/

First Nations & Inuit art can be found at both the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) and Royal Ontario Museum (ROM). The AGO would be closer to your downtown location. The ROM is mid-town.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

Thanks. The art gallery looks really interesting.Hope we can make time to visit.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,343 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

Thanks for the correction, B&J !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

The Ripley's Aquarium may be completed by then, September is the planned opening date..

9. Re: Getting from Novotel Centre to CN tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 06:18