We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Jays game

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
baltimore
Level Contributor
264 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Jays game

We will be in Toronto on Saturday and are thinking about taking in the game. What is the pre/post game scene for families? How packed are the games - should we get tickets online now or scalp them on game day?

Toronto
Level Contributor
390 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Jays game

Attendance seems to be up this year, especially for weekend games. I've never bought Jays tickets from a scalper but there are lots selling tickets as you approach the stadium, so you may be able to get a deal. You may want to check Stubhub and the Jays website for guideline for prices,

The Rogers Center is next to the CN tower so you may want to up the tower before or after the game.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Jays game

Take advantage of the many vendors outside the Rogers Centre selling hotdogs/sausages/drinks etc., that are tastier(IMO) and less expensive than the concession stands inside the stadium.........getting there pre-game and buying from them will save you quite a bit, especially as there are a few of you.......

Edited: 17 June 2013, 12:21
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Jays game

I think you'll probably still be able to find seats the day of the game at the box office. Considering it's Saturday I'm guessing there will be a healthy crowd (40,000 - give or take a couple thousand) so the box office tickets might be nose bleeds or in the out field. If you're looking for good seats I'd just by them online and not have to worry about getting some the day of the game.

The scene aroung the dome is ok on game days. There is not any tail-gating as the stadium is located right downtown with limited parking. There are a lot of people milling about outside the stadium a couple of hours before and you'll see some street musicians, vendors etc....around the grounds. The vibe is mellow.....which is usually the case for all Toronto sporting events.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Jays game

Every Saturday is Jr. Jays Day, so it makes it perfect for families. An hour or two prior to the game, a set of booths and kid-oriented stuff sets up west of the stadium (think face painting, games, etc.). Also, after the game, the kids can line-up to run the bases on the field.

As far as tickets go, I wouldn't chance it. Attendance is up considerably and the team has been red hot for the past couple of weeks. If you buy scalped tickets for a well-attended game, you will pay a premium. However, as Krusty says, scalped tickets may be your only option to get good seats (you can also try StubHub, but those tend to run even higher).

5. Re: Blue Jays game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:17