We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any Americans who have purchased property

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
203 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
any Americans who have purchased property

in Toronto here? Am buying a condo in Toronto and would love to correspond and get a bit of advice. Sincerely, Larry

Toronto
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any Americans who have purchased property

Just curious why you are only seeking advice from Americans... don't you think Canadians could be helpful?!

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any Americans who have purchased property

yeh, seriously? Don't think we are helpful?

Pibb,

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
203 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any Americans who have purchased property

I love you people very much, that is why I purchased a home in Toronto. Seems like most credit cards we have here in the States charges us 3% interest for exchange in Canada. Seems like many of the offerings that Canadiens get from their banks aren't offered to Americans going to Canada. (currency exchange fees, and bank accounts set up for both countries). I did try opening a Canadien bank account a year ago, and they charged me much higher rates than from what I would get in a ATM.

Toronto
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any Americans who have purchased property

Oh, good- it wasn't personal. We don't like our banks much either. Welcome to Toronto!

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any Americans who have purchased property

Yep, Sorry, I didn't try and make it personal either, Our banks do suck =P

Pibb,

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: any Americans who have purchased property

Did you check into TD Bank? They have a "borderless plan" account that offers better exchange rates for transfers between that account and your Canadian dollar account at TD. But I don't know if it's available to Americans...

Or you might have luck with a US branch of a Canadian bank, e.g. RBC Centura. (See rbccentura.com/personal/…royalembassy.html )

7. Re: any Americans who have purchased property

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 01:16