We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Jays ticket advice

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Blue Jays ticket advice

Just wanted to ask for some advice on buying Blue Jays tickets when I'm in Toronto this September. I am perfectly fine with sitting up in the 500 level nosebleeds but I'd prefer to be as close to behind home plate as possible. I'm looking to go to either the game on Sept. 12 vs. the Angels or Sept. 14 (Saturday day game) vs. the Orioles. I'm leaning towards the weekday game during the Angels though.

My main question is what fees can I avoid paying if I wait to buy tickets at the box office instead of purchasing online? I saw the published $11 tickets ($14 for the Orioles game) turn into $14.25 tickets immediately due to "service fees" online and that's before the $4 per order processing fee is added making the tickets about $16 bucks each not $11. I am just trying to keep my trip as economical as possible.

Can I avoid the either or both sets of fees by purchasing in person or is it worth paying the extra fees to ensure I get the tickets I want? I'm not that picky so I really would just like the best way to spend the least amount possible for tickets.

Any advice? Thanks!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Jays ticket advice

If you want to go to the weekday game against the Angels you're much better off buying them at the box office. You will get good seats for sure without all the extra fees.

The weekend game against the Orioles might be harder to get great seats but you'll get in to see the game for sure. On weekends the Jays have been doing pretty good attendance-wise, even though they are playing some pretty horrible baseball this year.

What an utter disappointment this year's team has been. From World Series favourites to a last place overpaid bunch of underachievers.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Jays ticket advice

Sounds good. As I said, behind the plate all the way up in the 500s is fine with me. So the box office gets rid of all the fees? $11 will be $11? Even if it's a nosebleed seat that's not a bad price at all. I'm used to upper deck MLB baseball tickets so no big deal to sit there.

Also, the offense has been perfectly fine. Their stats are all top 10 in the league as a team. It's the pitching that's atrocious. That's what you get though with a knuckleballer as your ace. That was a recipe for disaster from day 1.

Could be worse though. I'm just a casual Jays fan due to my Canadian roots. I'm a die hard Cubs fan through and through. We'd kill for two titles in the last 20 some years...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Jays ticket advice

They will still charge you a service fee, but not a delivery fee. I'm not sure how it breaks down this year, but the difference used to be about $2 per ticket vs. printing them at home. The whole thing is handled by Ticketmaster nowadays, so they don't give you much of an opportunity to get around it. Another option, for the weekday game, is to get them from scalpers on game day. Considering it's the Angels, you might be able to get them below face value.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Jays ticket advice

I agree with the above. Check what the scalpers are asking? I guarantee if you waited until mid-way through the first inning you could get in for a great price....if you're looking for a single ticket even better.

I was skeptical of Dickey signing too but as bad as their pitching has been there have been just as many disappointments from the guys playing the field as well. Everything from the rash of injuries, to the guys not performing, to the shoddy defence (with way too many errors), to boneheaded catchers and the selfish hot-heads who can't seem to control themselves. I don't think Gibbons has done a good job bringing this team together. He should be gone after this year.

5. Re: Blue Jays ticket advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:20