We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

Hi

My daughter and I are driving from Kitchener to Toronto to see a concert at Ontario Place.

I know CNE is on , which parking will probably be busy. The concert starts at 7pm or so.

Where could I go park and than take a subway to Ontario Place? Is this possible?

Any other suggestions. I thought I heard once from Sherway Gardens Mall? I want to park somewhere safe for when we return to car.

Thanks Kim

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
653 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

I dont' suggest you to park at a mall as you may get ticketed. Have a look at this site which gives you ideas of where to park near Ontario Place: en.parkopedia.ca/parking/ontario_place/ Parking at Exhibition Place is likely different due to CNE. If these places are full, there are many parking choices near Rogers Center, Air Canada Center and Harbourfront Center. You can then take the #509 to the Ex.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

You could stay on the 401 until Dufferin and then park in one of the TTC lots at Wilson subway station: ttc.ca/Subway/…Parking_ .

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

Coming from Kitchener, it may be easiest to drive south on the 427 and then east to the Kipling or Islington subway stations where you can park. Travel east on the subway to Dufferin and then take the 29 bus south or go to Bathurst Station and then take the 511 streetcar south. Another alternative would be to park at the Mimico Go Station (Browns Line and Lakeshore) and then take the GO Train east to the Exhibition. Parking is free at GO Train Stations but you will have to pay at the Subway Stations.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

If you go to the Long Branch(near Sherway Gardens) go station on the Lakeshore West GO line, trains run every half hour both ways and run until just after midnight, free parking and the train stops at Exhibition GO, which is perfect, no subways involved and much much quicker!

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

...oops, it's the Long Branch Station that I was thinking of, not Mimico

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

ttc parking lots

•Paid parking from 5:00 am to 2:00 am on weekdays. Parking is free on weekends and statutory holidays.

•Daily rate is $5 between 5:00 am and 2:00 am.

•Afternoon/Evening rate is $2 between 3:00 pm and 2:00 am.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

I agree with post #4. As td states, the Long Branch GO station is your best bet. Take the 427 south to Brown's Line (427 ends at Brown's Line....just keep driving straight)....follow Brown's Line south to Lakeshore.....go right when you reach Lakeshore and GO station is on your right side. The train will take you about 15 minutes to get to the CNE stop.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
472 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

Another vote for the Go Train from Long Branch. Free parking - 1 stop.

Last train is actually 12:49.

If you don't feel like driving all the way from KW, you can get on the train in Burlington or Oakville.

My friends from Burlington made it to Mimico station in 1/2 the time it took me to get to the same place from East of downtown.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
472 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

I just realized that no one actually answered your question.

If you really wanted to take the subway, you would have to get to Dufferin station, so from Kipling, that's straight along the Bloor Line. From Yorkdale or Wilson Station, that would be down the University Line to Bloor and across, then it's the 29 Dufferin Bus from there. I would give myself an hour for either one of these trips, so would want to be leaving by 5.

Or....you could leave Long Branch be at 5:54 and at the CNE by 6:05.

kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Subway to Molson Amphitheatre

Thanks for all the replies:)

I will see what is best.

Kim