We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel near Bay/College

Ireland
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nice hotel near Bay/College

Hi my daugther lives at Bay/College and we are visiting in November for 5 nights. As I know the weather won't be great I'd like to stay relatively close in a really nice hotel in a good area. An apartment/suite is also an option. I see the Intercontinental is quite close but wondering if there are others nearby. There are three of us visiting.

Thanks all suggestions very welcome!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel near Bay/College

The Intercontinental isn't really anywhere near Bay & College.

You might check this place - a business colleague of mine stays in the Bay/Bloor location when in the city for a week or more. That location would be about 6 blocks north of Bay/College intersection.

www.torontocorporatesuites.ca/index.html

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel near Bay/College

I'd say The Intercontinental would be fine as long as you don't mind taking public transit, but as phpr notes, it's not close to Bay and College....

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotel near Bay/College

If you want an apartment/suite type of room check out the Residence Inn downtown.

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotel near Bay/College

Close to Bay and College is Holiday Inn Downtown on Carlton, the Marriott Courtyard on Yonge St, Marriot Eaton Centre, The Metropolitan on Chestnut and the former Delta Chelsea on Gerrard St E (now called the Eaton Chelsea I believe) These are all 3-3.5 stars in my opinion and more upscale choices would be a little further away and would include The Intercontinental on Bloor, Four Seasons Yorkville, The Trump on Bay St and the Shangri La on University

Edited: 04 September 2013, 21:39
Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice hotel near Bay/College

First...November can be any kind of weather, but there most likely will NOT be snow. It will probably be damp, and grey, cuz the leaves are gone, but good outerwear and gloves, pretty much just like you'd have at home, will do you fine. 2nd: Bay & College is smack in the middle of our downtown core. "Relatively close" pretty much covers every major hotel chain in our downtown area, which includes Marriott (several brands), Cambridge Suites, Hiltons, Intercontinentals. Any hotel in the boundary of Bloor Street on the north, Front on the south, Spadina on the west and Church on the east will put you within a 5 minute cab ride, or anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes walk.

Park Hyatt and Intercontinental Yorkville are lovely hotels, both up at Bloor and Avenue (which becomes University south of Bloor). The closest to her location = Mariott Eaton Centre or the (newly renamed) Eaton Chelsea (formerly Delta Chelsea), altho the Chelsea has been getting a little run down. Perhaps the new owners will be clearing that up... Four Seasons & Hazelton are up in 5 star category, as is Trump, Shangri-La and Ritz Carlton (of those last 3, my vote always goes to Ritz).

6. Re: Nice hotel near Bay/College

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:19