We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canada 3000

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Canada 3000

How come Canada 3000's website is still operational? Are they re-starting again (I've heard some investors where going to do that)? Im curious if anyone knows anything about it, or is it just a fake website, because the layout seems a little messy/un proffesional.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canada 3000

by the way the link is: http://www.canada3000.com/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canada 3000

Looks like it's an advertising site hoping to cash in on people who search for Canada 3000 thinking it's still flying.

The domain is registered to Karl Ginter of Winnipeg, who also owns PreservedWood.com, GeffenCenter.com, and HispanicChamberofKC.com, among others.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
915 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canada 3000

A real giveaway is that if you try to use the site to book a flight, one of the things it asks you is which airline you want to fly on...and Canada 3000 is not one of the choices. Btw how do you find out to whom a site is registered?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,545 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canada 3000

Does it look like a real corporation?

Domain Name: CANADA3000.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:

Ginter, Karl domainsrus@gmail.com

I24 Corp

401-10 Fort St

Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C1C4

CA

204-943-7885 fax: null

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Canada 3000

Domains have to be registered with one of several registrars, and the information is public. The following may sound complicated, but takes less than a minute to look up:

For a .com, you go to www.internic.net/whois.html and enter the domain name (without www.). If the domain is registered with Internic, you'll get the full info; if not, you'll may only get a shorter record with the name and/or web address of the correct registrar.

If that's the case, go to the registrar's web site -- if there was only a name you have to Google it. Every registrar will have a "whois" link on their site; click that, enter the domain name again, and you'll get back a full record.

Same thing for a .ca, except you start at http://whois.cira.ca/public .

Toronto
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Canada 3000

10 fort street used to be a city of winnipeg office...maybe it still is i don't know...

Toronto
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Canada 3000

i tried the domain search at canada411.ca and got different info...

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
915 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canada 3000

The plot thickens! And thanks Matt, I'm still typing up a catalogue of my 78s on an Underwood.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,545 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canada 3000

Record expires on 12-May-2007

Record created on 11-May-1996

Database last updated on 23-Jun-2006

Current Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.

(Network Solutions is the official registrar for .com . Either canada411.ca is wrong, or you were looking at something else like canada3000.ca which is owned by a numbered company)

There are single websites where you can check domain registration for ALL domains, and no need to use seperate WHOIS for Canada, UK, .com, etc.

10. Re: Canada 3000

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 08:18