We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CN Tower Restaurant

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
CN Tower Restaurant

I will be going to Toronto soon and intend to book a table in advance one evening in the restaurant.

Has anybody been?

More importantly what is the dress code?

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,657 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CN Tower Restaurant

torontolife.com/guide/…

Dress code, I guess no shorts. Personally I find it noisy and hectic like a dim-sum restaurant, with all the tourists yelling at each other for their conversation, but at 5* prices. Lunch time is much better with ambiance matching the price. The main attraction for the restaurant is the view (but only the north side at night) and free admission to the tower, IMHO.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,657 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CN Tower Restaurant

P.S. I guess if you have a not-too-late dinner, while it's still bright when you arrive, then you get all the possible views. The south side is the lake, and pitch black at night.

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
677 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CN Tower Restaurant

See also 'review of our trip" submitted by Neisar

UK
Level Contributor
787 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CN Tower Restaurant

We went there last Sunday night and had a 8.30pm booking but would suggest 8.00 so you can see most of the city in the light then watch the sun go down. takes 72 mins to do a full revolution.

The food is average to be fair and don't allow yourself to be rushed. We chose the 4 course fixed prie menu - there is flexability on there, we chose a different desert.

I would say it is something thats worth doing, I hate heights and was not even sure i would be able to sit down let alone eat a meal but i enjoyed it - just didn't look out going up and down in lift!

UK
Level Contributor
787 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CN Tower Restaurant

Forgot to say, its supposed to be smart casual, but there were some people in shorts and flip flops which i thought was a real shame as it lowered the standard a bit - sorry im not a snob but we took time to dress us a bit as many did - just a few let it down.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,657 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CN Tower Restaurant

thosewere the main things... 5* prices with 5* view, but 3* food and ambiance.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CN Tower Restaurant

Thanks guys - most helpful. I will definitely be going.