We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto For New Years.

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto For New Years.

Me and my wife are looking to go to Toronto with a few friends for New Years for a week.

Is there any suggestions for places to go, visit ect, while we are there?

None of us have been to Toronto before, but we hear a lot of places to go from people who have been.

is there anywhere that does anything special on new years eve?

Thanks guys.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto For New Years.

Nathan Phillips Square is the place to be on New Years, but it is VERY packed. I think City TV does a broadcast from there, if you want to check out past years.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto For New Years.

Thanks, appreciate it!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto For New Years.

In case you're wondering where Nathan Phillips Square is it's at City Hall. Nathan Phillips Square is located outside the front doors. There is a skating rink outside, a stage will be set up with live music and the place should be pretty packed. It's a fun evening but just make sure you dress warm.

Here are a couple of photos so you get an idea...

1loveto.com/wp-content/…NYE_Toronto.jpg

…canoe.ca/v1/…

torontonicity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12…

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto For New Years.

That looks incredible. Thankyou very much

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto For New Years.

There are LOTS of New Years Eve parties going on in Toronto, both of the public/free sort and in bars/clubs/venues. Nathan Phillips Square has perhaps the biggest and most accessible, but if you're into a different scene you can definitely find something up your alley in the city. I'm sure you could find full listings by checking NOW Magazine closer to the date ( http://nowtoronto.com/ ).

As for other things to do while you're in Toronto, you'll have to define your interests a bit, or start by checking out "What to do in Toronto?" (third link down under "Top questions about Toronto" on the right).

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto For New Years.

Well both me and my Wife play Hockey so a Maple Leafs game, hall of fame ect. would be on the cards.

But yeah i will deffinatley check out whats going on around closer to the time.

Thanks again guys

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto For New Years.

Either you have Sunday December 29th against the Carolina Hurricanes or Saturday January 4th against the New York Rangers for Leaf games that will be available to you to watch....

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toronto For New Years.

Thank You

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toronto For New Years.

Those games are sold out by now so if you want to go you will have to buy scalper's tickets at double the face value or go to stubhub.com and buy them there...the prices on those tickets will also be inflated.

For a cheaper alternative go to Maple Leaf Square outside the Air Canada Center and watch the game there. Lately they've been getting a few thousand to watch the games on a huge big screen TV. It must be about 20 feet high and 40 feet long.

If standing outside with a throng of people isn't your thing go to Real Sports located beside the ACC. Get there early or you won't get in. This place was ranked #1 sports bar in North America by ESPN.

http://www.realsports.ca/BarAndGrill/Toronto/

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toronto For New Years.

That looks pretty awsome!!

Thanks again guys