We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Inn on Jarvis Street.

Yarmouth Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
601 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Comfort Inn on Jarvis Street.

Just how bad is this area? I would like to stay here because of the price but got a bit freaked out reading some of the comments on here. We will be attending a concert at ACC and want to do a bit of shopping while in TO, do you think we should risk it or look somewhere else.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,195 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Inn on Jarvis Street.

The area is not that bad. To keep things simple, just stay west of the hotel (ie the side towards Yonge Street). To the east there are certain blocks that are best avoided due to the fact that there are a few shelters in the area.

Immediately west of the hotel's location on Jarvis is the busy Ryerson University precinct. A long block to the north is Carlton Street with streetcar access, and about the same distance to the south is Dundas Street, again with a streetcar line, but you could quite easily walk to the Eaton Centre at Yonge & Dundas.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort Inn on Jarvis Street.

as long as you are not hanging out after 2 or three am and listen to the advice, you will be more than fine.....

Little San Salvador...
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort Inn on Jarvis Street.

I would have no concern walking around alone at night there as a guy. As noted, up until 1-2am.

Although it is not an 'upmarket' area, neither is it one of the worst areas of the city. Toronto has surprisingly few real areas to be concerned about beyond using your usual common sense late at night.

Yarmouth Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
601 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfort Inn on Jarvis Street.

Thanks for all the replies.I feel better about staying here now. How long of a walk would it be to ACC?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,631 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfort Inn on Jarvis Street.

There are various routes, as you can see from this google map link. On average it would take about half an hour.

http://goo.gl/maps/KUYUJ

Edited: 25 October 2013, 19:39
Toronto
Level Contributor
228 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfort Inn on Jarvis Street.

As a woman who has lived here all her life and over 60 ... I also would not feel that concerned prior to 11-12pm. Suggest using my fave site when travelling .. vpike dot com and put in the address and city and virtually cruise around the area and see what area is like. Whenever choosing hotels I always check area out.

7. Re: Comfort Inn on Jarvis Street.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 04:20