We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
390 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

I am taking some guests to see Les Miz at the Princess of Wales, with dinner before. Would appreciate recommendations for a restaurant within walking distance of the theater.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

Fred's Not Here is pretty good if you enjoy steak...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

In that area I've always like La Fenice..............a 2 minute walk down the street, across from the Bell Lightbox.......tell them your pre-theatre dining (they'll likely ask you anyway) and they'll have you out in time..

Toronto
Level Contributor
900 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

There are many restaurants in this area....price wise you can go from one extreme to the next. Some we've been to....Kit Kat, or Marcel's. Elephant & Castle I think, Earl's, Il Fornello, Big Daddy's (is this still open), and if you go to Front St. places like Joe Badali's, Canyon Creek Chophouse, and Lone Star.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

<Elephant & Castle, I think>............you're right travelfun001, E & C is right across the street from Roy Thomson Hall, same side as POW Theatre............I like this Elephant E Castle, myself, for a pub meal...

Edited: 10 December 2013, 13:29
Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

Milagros at the corner of John and Mercer is a good choice if you like higher end Mexican food. I also like Bar Hop on King St near Charlotte for a good French inspired pub/bistro menu, oysters and a great craft beer selection. Both are good value and not too pricey in my opinion.

Edited: 10 December 2013, 13:55
Toronto
Level Contributor
390 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

Going to try Luma at TIFF Lightbox.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

Let's us know what you think Charlie....

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

Charlie............................I imagine you know Luma gets great reviews.............the last time I dined at La Fenice in fact, I had actually considered Luma, but it was during TIFF and the reservation times didn't work for me....enjoy your meal and Les Miz too......my daughter and I are going to see it next week and are so looking forward to it......my daughter wants to eat at The Keg, so that's where we're going, although I haven't yet decided on which one........

Toronto
Level Contributor
390 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

Luma was very good, maintaining the high standards that Oliver & Bonacini restaurants are known for. Food and service were excellent. Very strong on seafood. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a King West restaurant.

Les Miserables was enjoyable. A little more operatic than I prefer in a musical but features some excellent signing. Standouts were the actress playing Eponine (best voice in the cast) and the actor playing Thenardier.

It's a shame that Princess of Wales theater will be torn down to build more condos. It is Toronto's best theater.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant near Princess of Wales theater

Glad you enjoyed the evening, and took the time to update the forum....