We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

Hi ,

We have to visit 1910 gerrard street east this saturday. Would be around for a few hours.

Could someone please communicate to us parking availability in around this location.

Thanks in advance

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

hi..

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

You shouldn't have problems finding street parking ... either on Gerrard itself or on a nearby residential street. It's primarily a residential neighbourhood (if you look at google maps you can do a street view), so public lots will not be numerous.

A search on the City of Toronto Green P lots shows the closest are up on the Danforth.

http://parking.greenp.com/find-parking/

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,066 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

The Naval Club's Facebook page says they share a parking lot with the Church across the street, so it's probably the small lot a couple of doors away from the Club, or across the street behind the Church....in any case, as phpr says in post # 2 there is plenty of street parking(metered) right in front of the Club itself and up and down Gerrard, and on the side streets nearby(not metered)...............if you check Google Maps it will show you this..........since you're in Thornhill, why not just phone them and ask directly?...they'll probably suggest the best location based on the event you're attending....

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

I believe that stretch of Gerrard has free on-street parking at all hours on weekends, not actually metered. As with many neighbourhoods in Toronto, parking on most residential side-streets is free for all during the day, but limited to local permit-holders in the late night and early morning. There is a little convenience store complex right on the corner of Gerrard and Woodbine with its own parking lot... probably intended for customers, but you can take your chances.

Another use for Google Maps streetview, as mentioned above, would be to actually read the parking regulations signs on the street.

Disclaimer: in Toronto, if there are no posted parking restrictions for a particular place/time, a 3-hour limit technically applies. However, such unposted 3-hour limits are rarely if ever enforced.

Edited: 11 December 2013, 17:22
Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

Thanks , did call them up and got the info....Cheers

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

Thanks Eden,

I did call them up and got the info.

Best wishes

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

Thanks bro..

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

No problem, hope you find a spot.

For general reference, the Reply button on TA forums is a useless feature -- any reply you write just appears as another post on the thread, not linked to the one you're "replying" to.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,066 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

You're welcome Joey :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
452 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Public Parking at 1910 gerrard street east

"There is a little convenience store complex right on the corner of Gerrard and Woodbine with its own parking lot... probably intended for customers, but you can take your chances."

Do NOT take any chances in this lot. The convenience store ower is militant in guarding his parking spots, and you will get a ticket.

I've actually had him run out of the store telling me I can't park there, before he even knew I was going into the bar next door.