We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or train from toronto to NYC

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Topic
Bus or train from toronto to NYC

id like to experience the scenic beauty on the way from toronto to nyc preferably being able to see the niagra falls too....which would be the better choice? i dont mind going to niagra falls ON nd catching the next commute from there too....advice plssssss......!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

Bus would be cheaper, train more comfortable....buses would have more departures.....

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
16,725 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

Either way, it will be at least a 10 hour trip.

And if you are a citizen of India/hold an Indian passport, you will need a visa.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

Niagara Falls is definitely worth seeing, but the "scenic beauty" along the drive or train ride may not be what you expect -- there's some trees, hills, and some rivers and lakes, but it isn't the sort of jaw-dropping mountain scenery you see on postcards (that's more in the western part of North America).

You can fly from Buffalo, NY (a half-hour drive from Niagara Falls) to NYC, which would be much faster.

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
401 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

I agree with above not much to see from Niagara to NYC. Also depending on what time of year you are travelling as winter weather gets pretty bad in upstate New York and a bus ride is not the best idea. If you do decide on a train ride it is best to board on the US side to avoid lengthy custom delays. Flights from Buffalo to NYC are very reasonable sometimes even cheaper than a train ticket again depending on when you are travelling.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

The drive from Toronto to NYC is not considerably scenic, and those travelling via bus or train are generally doing so as a cost saving measure...........

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

thanks a ton u guys....i guess ill try flying out from buffalo after seeing the niagra falls separately......

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

I've heard that JetBlue is a popular low cost airline flying that route....you might want to check their rates

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

If you still need a bus suggestion, there is Megabus to consider, if you book far enough in advance, you can pay very little for your fare, but then you do have a better part of a ten hour ride...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

Here's the website for JetBlue..................thought I'd included it in the other post.....

http://www.jetblue.com

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus or train from toronto to NYC

u guys r so helpful.....thanks a lottt....ive decided to fly to ny....i got a decent deal with porters....since the scenery aint that great while going by bus or train i decided to skip that idea and just go with the flight.....i tried jetblue....but it dint have an option for toronto to ny....options were just within the states itself....so i decided to go ahead and book with porters.....although i plan on booking the megabus to go to the niagra falls and back....thot id check that out.....thanks again for all the help.....really appreciate it :)

Edited: 13 December 2013, 12:53