We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canadian-affair

romford
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
canadian-affair

Hi

has anyone used this company, I know they use thomas cook and my travel, has anyone used them from gatwick to toronto

thanks

toni

Leicestershire, UK.
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: canadian-affair

Hi,

I am actually on hol here in Toronto at the minute.

We flew on 14th July to Toronto with Canadian Affair, Thomas Cook airlines.

We were delayed at Gatwick for 5 hours, but they gave us food vouchers 5 per person.

Flight was great and food also, crew were very, very helpful.

I would use them again and cross my fingers that no delays happened!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canadian-affair

yep - booked mine in sept this year

they seem good

UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: canadian-affair

Hi, we have booked with Canadian Affair for our trip in mid August, travelling from Gatwick to Calgary, returing from Vancouver to Gatwick. Had no problem with the bookings, staff very helpful.

However I happened to come across a thread on Fodor's travel forum, where several people had had problems with return flights being changed/cancelled etc. Lo and behold the day after I read this I had a phone call from Canadian Affair to say that our return flight from Vancouver had been cancelled, and we could fly out 2 days earlier or 5 days later! This wasn't possible for us, so now we will be getting a domestic flight from Vancouver to Calgary (leaving on the same day as the original flight) and then catching another flight from Calgary to Gatwick. It means that we have to get our luggage at Calgary and check back for the second flight which is a pain as there are 9 of us, including 5 kids. But at least we will not miss any of our holiday and will arrive back on the day originally planned.

I am still concerned that flights may be changed again, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

romford
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: canadian-affair

thanks for your replies

toni

aberdeen
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: canadian-affair

Hi

Just come back from Vancouver after using Canadian affair to book flights and i am not impressed.

Paid extra money for extra legroom on both journeys and on the way out our seats were situated right behind the toilets so people used them constantly as an isle. The air hostesses told us they do not sell these seats as 'extra legroom' and that i should contact the company.

Worse still yet to come - on the way back my extra legroom seats were seating somebody else and even though i had checked 3 times before i got on the flight with various people i did not get these seats. Nothing could be done!

It was a My travel flight and the staff were rude and unhelpful and really didnt want to be there.

I am now in the process of taking this up with Canadian affair but will NEVER travel with them again.

Hope you have better luck

M Cook

romford
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: canadian-affair

Thanks for the information, I think if I use them I will make sure that I am on a thomas cook flight, I have flown with my travel before and werent impressed, the thomas cook flights have had good reports, thanks again

toni

Leicestershire, UK.
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: canadian-affair

Hi,

I specifically booked the flights that used Thomas Cook, as with My Travel you have to pay for the extra legroom and we are a family of 6.

Sorry you had problems with the flight.

My only problem was we had the Wicked Witch from the West on our checkin yesterday!

My oh my was she going to give us grief and she did.

BEWARE!

Do not get the little woman with a bob which is streaked with blonde, wears red square type glasses, does not smile and is a witch!

She made us weigh our bags, we only had 2 cases for 6 of us, I know we have to weight them ok, but we had 2 holdalls and she made us put 1 in the hold even though it had fragile things in, then made us weigh the other one, it was too heavy, so we had to take stuff out and put it in all the kids' back-packs, she weighed it again and it was ok.

We were then free from the prison!

The only thing is once we walked away from her, we unloaded the kids' back packs and put it all back in the holdall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the process of writing a real lengthy complaint about her, no-one else had this. In fact, others brought cases on as hand luggage!

But be careful, they are strict with hand luggage, try not to bring a big bag as hand luggage, they check at the gate as well, well the witch does.

I'll let you know how I get on with the complaint..............

Bath, England
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: canadian-affair

I used to work for them.

They charter the Thomas Cook (JMC) and Mytravel (Airtours) flights. Canadian Affair is basically a call-centre, but do not have 'ground staff' or onboard crew.

They moniter flight prices daily so that they can be the cheapest Canadian flight provider.

Personally, I think that they provide a better service than Air Canada and often reduce their 'premium' service to refil seats in economy for £99 - a bargain for extra legroom and free booze.

I travelled to Canada several times with them so that I could sell the product with the benefit of experience.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,792 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: canadian-affair

Old post from 2006

No need to reply

10. Re: canadian-affair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2009, 04:30