We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara Fall Tour

Newport Beach
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Niagara Fall Tour

Hello,

We are debating whether to take a Niagara Falls tour from Toronto or drive to Niagara Fall ourselve and check into a hotel for 2 nights? We are traveling with 2 kids (5,10).

If it is better to drive, how the drive from Toronto to Niagara Fall? Is it easy to nagaviate around Niagara Falls?

Thanks

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagara Fall Tour

Hello.

If you do not want to go through the trouble of checking out of the hotel, you could easily take the train from Union Station in Toronto to Niagara Falls. If this is of interest to you I would suggest you leave early morning (takes 2 hours to get there) see the attractions you are interested in and take the train back later that same day. It is very do-able.

My daughter recently took the train to Niagara from Toronto and she was able to see the falls, plus 3 or 4 other attractions all in the same day. She was back in Toronto about 9:30 p.m.. She also went to the Butterfly Conservatory, which is a few minutes away.... which many kids just love. You could take a cab there if you are interested in taking your children.

www.niagaraparks.com/nature/butterfly.php

Good luck!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagara Fall Tour

P.S.

I just came across this site that has information on bus tours to Niagara, in case you want to compare costs.

http://www.niagaratours.ca/

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Niagara Fall Tour

We did a day trip to Niagara from Toronto last year with Toronto Tours(www.torontotours.com) and it was excellent. The guide we had was very entertaining, the bus stopped at the heliport for those wanting to do a trip and it had lunch included. I wasn't expecting much from the lunch and was pleasantly surprised. We do a lot of tours in places we visit, and this one ranks as the best we've done.

4. Re: Niagara Fall Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 11:18