We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

Hello. I'll be driving to the Westin Harbour Castle for a week-long conference.

The hotel provides self-park at the near-by Pinnacle Centre for $35/day. However, Google Street View shows that the Pinnacle Centre offers public parking rates much lower.

Does anyone have experience parking at the Pinnacle Centre? Is there any reason to opt for the hotel's rate?

Thanks for your time.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

Pinnacle Centre is an outdoor lot, that has a day rate - 6am - 6pm of $15, and an overnight rate - 6pm - 6am of $10 ... so $25 a day. However there are no in and out privileges, and I "believe" (someone can correct me please) that you must purchase a ticket for each 12 hour stint.

…bestparking.com/neighborhoods/east-bayfront…

The best parking rates are usually found in the municipally owned and operated Green P lots. You can do a search for the lots closest to the Westin on the Green P website.

http://parking.greenp.com/find-parking/

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,959 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

Hi Steven;

>>"Google Street View shows..."<<

Never rely on an image such as that. You don't know how old it is !

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

phpr, thanks for your quick response. Having no in/out privileges is not a deal-breaker for me, but if I have to return to the lot to purchase a ticket every day (or more), I'd rather pay the hotel's fee. If someone could confirm/deny this payment restriction, I'd very much appreciate it.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

If you look at the first link I gave you, you can find the Pinnacle Centre lot, with rates and details. It's the one on Freeland Street.

Just out of curiousity ... if you are based in Toronto (as your locator notes) why would you drive, rather than take public transit?

Edited: 20 April 2014, 18:19
Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

Oh, sorry. I meant the indoor parking at the Pinnacle Centre (16 Harbour) -- that's where the hotel has parking spaces. On the map you linked to, it's labelled "Parklink Convention Centre Parking".

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

Aha ... well the rate for that is $21 total for 24 hours - $15 day, and $6 overnight ... but again, it says you must feed it.

…bestparking.com/neighborhoods/east-bayfront…

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

Yeah, at this point, I think I might go for the parking garage at 218 Queens Quay W. It's half way between the hotel and the MTCC (if I do need access to my car), it's the least expensive, and (I would think) the parking garage seems more secure than the outdoor Green P lot at 45 Bay. Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your continued help.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

Note that it says payment is cash only at that lot.

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

Thanks, I saw that. With the money I'll be saving, paying by cash would be a minor inconvenience. The Green P will be my backup if there are problems at Queens Quay.

10. Re: Parking at Pinnacle Centre for Westin Harbour Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Toronto