We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto island park

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jerwey
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto island park

Are you allowed to bring your own bikes on the ferry over to Toronto Island Park and how is biking on the island. thanks!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
16,700 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto island park

Yes you can.

For more info, including maps and sights to see:

http://www.torontoislands.org/index.php

www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto island park

Biking on the islands is great! The terrain is very flat, and there are paved pathways. On summer weekends they will usually restrict bikes to the Ward's Island & Hanlan's Point ferries, serving the east and west ends respectively. This doesn't affect cyclists in any negative way because its easy & enjoyable to ride from end to end.

new jerwey
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto island park

thank you so much. are there places to lock your bike as well?

Toronto
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto island park

Yes, if I recall, there are bike stands.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto island park

Biking on the Island is a lot of fun. We rented bikes there last summer and really enjoyed the trails. They are really nicely taken care of and go a good ways around the beautiful park. There is also a sweet amusement park and a farm on the islands, if you are interested. If you eat at any of the restaurants you can lock your bike just outside. Or if you bring a picnic you can easily lock your bike close by. There are fountains here and there where you can fill up your water bottles if you wish. We had a great day there and I can't wait to go back. Hope you have fun!

Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto island park

Just got back to my hostel after spending the last few hours on the Islands, I rented a bike for my journey from Centre Island to Hanlans Point. The whole of the Islands are very flat, perfect for cycling, but from Hanlans to Centre Island there is construction, so quite a few trucks travelling along and some gravelly bits which were a bit bumpy but otherwise it was pleasant! I saw plenty of bikes being taken to and from the islands and there are lots of bike stands!

new jerwey
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto island park

Thanks everyone, August 9th can't come soon enough lol

8. Re: Toronto island park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17