We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Toronto

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Toronto

Arriving in Toronto Saturday for 5 days, have seen mixed weather reports any more accurate forecasts from locals please? Want to travel reasonably light if possible so hoping it won't be too cold? Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,756 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Toronto

Hi Jcee2013;

Here I thought that this was going to be a hard question to answer, such as the winning lotto numbers.

lol

The most "accurate" forecast that I have found is the government's "Environment Canada" web site.

In metric measurements...

weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-143_metric_e.html

In imperial measurements...

weather.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html…

Best Regards

Edited: 06 May 2014, 23:26
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Toronto

Check www.theweathernetwork.com

We are having a very late and cool spring. Looks as though it will be anywhere from 16 - 18C ... with some rain on the weekend.

Toronto
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Toronto

So far a cool spring with rain. That look like it for next few days. Temps will be between 15 - 20 C.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Toronto

"The locals" are not going to be able to generate more accurate weather forecasts out of their own personal opinion than the folks at Environment Canada, the Weather Network, Accuweather etc who are using actual science. If I want to know what the weather will be a couple of days out I use one of those. That said, you can probably expect temperatures in the high teens as others have said and as the forecasts suggest.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Toronto

About the only thing that's been a sure bet this spring? It gets dark at night. After that, it's anyone's guess.

Sigh.

We are all waiting for spring, and it has been a bit long in the coming this year. Evenings have been cool, so even packing "light", I still suggest a fall-weight coat. Mind you...that could change. We are all hoping it will. It is May, after all LOL.

Sigh.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Toronto

It's been pretty cool at night, you still need a jacket and it's still damp...

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Toronto

Thank you all! Bit like predicting our Irish weather ... 4 seasons in a day! Ah well! Will be prepared for all eventualities!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,756 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Toronto

You're Welcome !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Toronto

I would pack in layers of possible... long sleeve shirt, a fleece, and a wind jacket? That's what I do in spring and it suits me.

Have a great time in Toronto!

10. Re: Weather in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:16