We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Qubec Trip in 11 days?

Aviles, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Qubec Trip in 11 days?

I´m planning to fly into Toronto around the 11th of August this year. I´ve been doing as much research as I can at the moment with limited internet access etc. So I apologise if any of this which I imagine is ineviably repeated.

I´m thinking of spending about two weeks between all of these places before flying out to Calgary possibly on the weekend of Friday the 22nd to meet with family. However, this date is flexible. I probably also have a budget of close to $5000 for the whole trip including another 10 days in Alberta and British Columbia.

My main questions are:

1. Is this enough time to see Toronto and Niagra as well as some smaller places along the lake if I´m working my way towards Ottawa,Montreal and Quebec?

2. Should I skip Quebec and fly out of Montreal?

3. Or Should I skip Ottawa and visit Montreal and fly out of Quebec?

There is so much to see and do that this is quite overwhelming. Coming from Europe sometimes it´s hard comprehend distances etc.

I should also mention I´m a solo traveller. I´m planning to bus or train the distances between the 4 cities with VIA rail and Go transit. Renting a car is not really a viable option due to price and the fact that I´m under 25. I´m hoping to see as much nature as possible given the fact that I won´t have a car. Hopefully hostels will provide some types of trips or I will meet others who have a car or something along those lines.

I have a feeling I´m being quite ambitious about what I can do in 11 days.

Edited: 01 June 2014, 14:40
Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Columbia
Columbia
South Carolina
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Via Rail Canada
Via Rail Canada
242 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Aviles, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Qubec Trip in 11 days?

Yes, I was hoping to base myself in Picton but as you´ve said with regards to accomodation I´m not sure that will be possible, not to mention the difficulties with transport.

I was hoping to travel from Toronto by bus or train to somewhere like Belleville but I wasn´t sure about my options after that but it seems that these places are not served as well as I had expected by public transport, Getting to Picton etc from Belleville I mean.

I think you´re right about the situation not having a rental car. I´ll look into my options again regarding that but I imagine it won´t be possible between one thing and another.

Perhaps PEC will have to be disregarded in place of basing myself in Kingston and seeing what I can do from there. As I have mentioned the Howe Island cycling route and the 1000 island cruise.

Thanks for letting me know about those difficulties, those are the things I need to know and that are difficult to guage from behind my computer in Europe!

From there (Kingston) I´ll probably spend the last week between Ottawa and Montreal.

I´ll check out the possibility of Cobourg for a night or a early morning trip, heading out of the town again later in the evening if public transport permits.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Picton
Picton
Prince Edward County, Canada
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Belleville
Belleville
Ontario, Canada
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Cobourg
Cobourg
Ontario, Canada
12. Re: Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Qubec Trip in 11 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 05:15