We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Layover

Washington...
2 posts
Save Topic
Long Layover

I have a 7 hour layover in Toronto before my international flight. I arrive at 2:15 pm and my flight leaves at 9:15 pm. I don't want to spend the entire time in the airport. What options are there for sightseeing or maybe some shopping? I've heard about Kensington Market, is it easy to get from the airport or is there a closer shopping destination? Also, will I need to change money or can I use US dollars?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Layover

What day of the week are you arriving? If a weekday you need to take afternoon rush hour into consideration. While you likely wouldn't be driving downtown both subway and taxis will be affected by that.

Seven hours is actually not a lot of time - you will need to go through Canada customs/Immigration on arrival, and may have to pick up baggage and re-check it. On your return you will be expected to check in for your international flight 2 hours in advance so as to go through security, etc.

To the right of this page under Top Questions are articles on how to get downtown from Pearson, and what to do with a layover.

For a short visit it's not necessary to have CAD, however you should use your credit card for purchases, etc.USD are accepted in some places - at an exchange rate unfavourable to you.

Washington...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Layover

Thanks, good information.

Toronto
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Layover

If you want to do shopping, there is Yorkdale mall, not too far from the airport. If you want to do some sightseeing, you should come downtown, further from the airport. You have time to do either. If your baggage is checked through directly things will be easier. Just remember, you should be back at the airport no later than 7:00 for the 9:15 flight. That would give you about 5 hrs to get out of the airport, go and do whatever you want to do, an dthen get back.

My suggestion is you should visit downtown, walkabout and have a nice dinner and get back to the airport.

4. Re: Long Layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Toronto