We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

I plan to fly from Toronto to Montreal. I would like to know which airport I should use and which airline. I'm flying on a Saturday morning and I'm checking out from a hotel in downtown Toronto.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

Use the downtown Billy Bishop airport. Both Porter Airlines and Air Canada fly from there to Montreal.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/home.html

https://www.flyporter.com/Select-Language

Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

Thanks phpr, have checked it out now. Seems like the best choice.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

Il second phhpr's suggestion. If you're downtown it's way easier to get to Billy Bishop, way less crowded, way less time spent waiting. Just be aware that if you miss the ferry you will have to wait another 15mins or so for it to come back. Not a big deal, but if you're cutting it close time-wise, then that's something to keep in mind because the airport is on an island. Porter currently has a sale on to all of its destinations.

Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

Very helpful ndawgg. Will follow your advice.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

The island airport is always better as long as you can catch your destination, IMO...

Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

Okay, three votes out of three for Toronto City Airport. The judges' decision is final.

No more hints will be needed, Tripadvisors! Thanks to all of you.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

The answer depends on at what time of the year you fly. In the summer I agree with billy bishop. However, planes flying to and from there are prop planes. In the winter, fog and snow storms may lead to a greater chance that your flight will be cancelled. If you fly during the week end, then the gardiner expressway should not be congested and you can get to pearson relatively quickly. As a result. In the winter, I would chose that airport if being on time at destination is important.

8. Re: Which Toronto airport is best for Montreal flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:15