We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

Bridgeville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

I've never been to Canada so my wife and I decided to make a quick trip to Niagara this Thursday and then leave from Niagara sometime Friday and head to Toronto till Sunday? Any suggestion on must see/do/eat/stay?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,204 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

Hi, Harold, welcome to the Toronto forum!

Firstly, hopefully you guys have passports for getting back into the US. We only mention it 'cause a lot of folks still don't realize it's a necessity for travelling between our countries.

Have a look (using a desktop browser) to the right of the page and up top for things to do and top questions such as where to stay, etc. Also, it would be really helpful if you gave us an idea of what your interests are. There's a ton to do here, so help point us in the right direction for our recommendations!

Bridgeville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

We both have our passports.

My trip would be completely different but since I'm with the wife. Romantic areas, close to good food and the nightlife.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

A good start would be staying near or visiting St. Lawrence Market on Saturday morning. It's a great place to grab breakfast or lunch as well as a gigantic bottle of maple syrup directly from the farmer that made it.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,954 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

Hi Harold;

I would suggest dinner at the CN Tower's 360 revolving restaurant, at sunset.

cntower.ca/en-ca/360-restaurant/overview.html

Arrive about 45 minutes before sunset (20:30) for the best of both.

Best Regards

Toronto
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

There are a lot of theater, night club and musical options in Toronto. Also there are thousands of restaurants in the city of pretty much every kind of ethnic style. Here is a link that might help you:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,185 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

Romantic areas, close to good food and the nightlife.... that's pretty general... a little more detail would help us greatly ...

For exaample if you are museum/arts folks, a trip to the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), Royal Ontario Museum (ROM), Bata Shoe Museum (your wife might especially like that one...) might be in order.

If a sports fan a visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame, or a Blue Jays game...

For foodies, as noted there are thousands of restaurants of very shape and kind, and food tours galore.

Walking tours of the city's interesting and historic neighbourhoods.

if the weather is fine a short ferry ride across to the Toronto Islands, or a ride on the 501 Queens Street streetcar to the Beaches area.

The possibilities are endless...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,468 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

The area around King St W and John Street, and north on John up to Richmond St. is one area where you'll find lots of restaurants, patios and bars.....King St's also a major theatre district - you'll definitely find nightlife here......

8. Re: Weekend Trip to Toronto Ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:16