We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

Freuchie, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

I am visiting Toronto in October and see there is a game on 17th which is the day we arrive. I have emailed the official maple leafs ticketing office but no reply as yet. Is this because the season hasn't started yet. ? Would really like to get tickets but looking on stub hub looks like prices start at 215 dollars... What's the face value and is it going to be possible to buy them from official sources cheaper ? Thanks in advance .

Greater Toronto
Level Contributor
67 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

Single game Leafs tickets are not on sale yet. When they do go on sale, tickets for a Friday night game vs Detroit will be difficult to come by from the box office. You'll have to watch for the announcement and buy quickly. Right now buying from a season ticket holder (eg stubhub) is your only option.

If you want to see professional hockey for a more reasonable price, the Toronto Marlies are the Leafs' farm team and their tickets are much easier to come by. Their single game tickets are also not on sale yet, but you can get good seats for about $40.

Toronto
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

Maple Leaf tickets are expensive and hard to come by, especially for weekend games. If you are not able to buy them from online from an official site, another option is to try Kijiji - which for you is not very convenient since you are not in Toronto. The other method you may try is to go to the Air Canada center before the game begins and try to buy tickets from a scalper. Be prepared to pay more that the face value of the tickets if you go that way.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

Become a Leafs Nation Member for access to tickets sooner and tickets the day of games (through ticket cancellations)...

Freuchie, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

Thanks for replies - much appreciated Looks like the Marlies might be an option although I can't find a schedule of their games to see if they are playing when we are in town. We arrive 17th October for 4 nights. Then go to Niagra falls for 2 nights , back to Toronto for 2 nights . Knowing my luck they will be playing when we are at Niagra. Will look into the leaf nation membership . Cheers.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

Face value starts at $85. Leafs Nation will send an email a couple of days before a game if tickets have been released but it doesn't happen too often. It doesn't hurt to sign up but I wouldn't rely on getting tickets this way.

A home game against the Red Wings will be tough. Through Kijiji, I paid $125/ticket for a Leafs-Red Wings game 2 years ago and sat in the 2nd last row from the back. Even then I thought it was a a steal lol.

The Marlies are a lot of fun to watch too and very easy to get tickets. I don't think they've posted their season schedule yet but keep checking back.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

If the tickets are released, it would be on game day and based on last years games, about half had tickets available on game day....the other advantage of the leafs nation free membership is that you would get access to any pre-sale of the tickets to games....for instance, for the pre-season games, I got access to tickets in a two day window before they went on sale to the general public....

Freuchie, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

Thanks again for responses. All very useful. I will keep checking but think our budget will not stretch to paying over face value so Marlies looks the best bet if they do have a game on. I will update the post nearer the time to advise of success or otherwise ! Cheers

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

If you are in Niagara, check out the games for Niagara Ice Dogs. Great hockey for the up and coming NHLers

http://www.niagaraicedogs.net/schedule

Freuchie, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

Thanks for the link . It didn't cross my mind to look for a game when we are at Niagra but unfortunately looks like they are away from home the night of the 22nd and at home the following night but we will have to head back to toronto that day.

10. Re: Maple leaf hockey tickets - where to buy ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:17