We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montréal to Kitchener - Megabus to Toronto, then...?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Montréal to Kitchener - Megabus to Toronto, then...?

I'm heading to Montréal in a couple of weeks and when I'm done there I'm looking to go to Kitchener (one-way) cheaply to visit my buddy.

From what I can tell, the cheapest way to get to Toronto is Megabus, but then I'm wondering what my best option is to get to Kitchener. I'm hoping to do the whole trip (Montréal to Kitchener) in one day.

1) If I take Megabus to Toronto mid-September, midweek, leaving Montréal at 9am and arriving at 3:30pm in Toronto, what's my best bet to get from Toronto to Kitchener? For this section, it doesn't necessarily have to be the cheapest - I don't mind paying a few more dollars if it's more convenient/better schedule. And I don't care where it drops me off in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. My buddy won't mind picking me up anywhere there.

2) I was looking at the Megabus website, and they seem to be very strict on baggage. Do they actually weigh your checked-in bag? And they say you can only bring one carry-on to the bus. I'll have a laptop bag and a small camera (not a huge SLR bag, but too big to fit into the laptop bag). Would they really hassle me over that?

3) Do any of you know how punctual they are? Like if they say they're arriving at 3:30pm, is it generally around that time (I realize traffic is a factor, but some bus companies are notoriously unreliable)?

Thanks,

Jason

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montréal to Kitchener - Megabus to Toronto, then...?

The cheapest and easiest way to get from Toronto to Kitchener if you are coming into Toronto via Megabus would be Greyhound bus. There are lots of departures in the late afternoon as many people use it to commute to/from work.There is also a GO train, but there are only 2 departures (4:45 and 5:45) and you would have to make your way down to Union Station. I'm afraid I can't answer your other questions.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montréal to Kitchener - Megabus to Toronto, then...?

Thanks for the reply.

In Toronto, do Megabus and Greyhound use the same bus terminal, or are they at least near one another?

Thanks,

Jason

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,713 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montréal to Kitchener - Megabus to Toronto, then...?

Yes ... same terminal.

4. Re: Montréal to Kitchener - Megabus to Toronto, then...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 07:16