We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto and Niagra Short stay

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto and Niagra Short stay

We have a short stay end mid October - arrive Friday pm Toronto , leave Toronto Monday pm .

We would like to see the city and the falls, is it best to go airport to city hotel and then a day tour to falls?

Or is it feasable to stay one night city, 2 night falls and then straight to airport? We will need to rely on public transport or taxi's.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto and Niagra Short stay

Hi BellaMBJ.

Since you will have a very limited time in the city, I would suggest you stay in Toronto. You mentioned a day tour of the Falls and I think that would be a great idea. You could take the train or bus to Niagara Falls and be back in the city by early evening. You will have plenty of time to see Niagara Falls in an afternoon and if you have any extra time I would recommend a visit to nearby Niagara on the Lake, it is really worth it!

www.viarail.ca/trains/en_trai_onta_toni.html

themegacity.com/transportation/via_greyhound…

http://www.niagaraonthelake.com/

Good luck.

n/d

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto and Niagra Short stay

Bella

I'm with ND. Oct is out of peak tourist season for the falls. Therefore a day trip is sufficient, considering you just have the weekend.

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto and Niagra Short stay

Thanks for this, we will stay in Toronto and do a day trip

What about organised tours - coach , maid of mist etc.. are they worth it or can you book independently ?

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto and Niagra Short stay

Hi Bella,

You can book independently, you do not need to take an organized tour. If you take the train or bus on your own, then you can decide on your own, which things are most important for you to see and experience. You can easliy catch the train at Union Station, I believe it takes about two hours. The Maid of the Mist is most definitely worth it !! From the look of the schedule the last date for the Maid of the Mist is October 24/06.

FYI, there are no advance tickets available for the Maid of the Mist, you just show up there when you want to go.

niagarafallslive.com/niagara_falls_maid_of_t…

If you want to experience something a little different, there is a butterfly Conservatory in Niagara on the Lake that many people enjoy a lot.

www.niagaraparks.com/nature/butterfly.php

Hope this helps a little.

Best wishes,

n/d

5. Re: Toronto and Niagra Short stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 15:20